MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
In 2014 Momentive Specialty Chemicals announced plans to build two formaldehyde plants in Louisiana that will supply BASF and Huntsman plants. The plants make MDI, a common isocyanate. The formaldehyde will be supplied by pipeline. Momentive claims to be the world's largest producer of formaldehyde.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Next-Generation Video: Is 4K Ultra HD Video Ready For Prime Time Yet?
- Why I Doubled Down on This High-Yield Stock
- Tax-Loss Selling: 1 Stock We'd Be Glad to Sell Right Now
- A New Study on Diabetes Reveals Potentially Frightening News
- This News Could Burn E-Cigarette Makers
- Ford Motor Company Swallows Bitter Pill in Europe