Met coal is short for metallurgical coal, aka coking coal, which is used to make steel.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Steam coal, aka thermal coal
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Steel is Keeping this Miner Down
- Uncertainty Looms Over Walter Energy Inc
- Walter Energy: Bullish on Met Coal But It Might Not Matter
- Department of Commerce Ruling Pressures U.S. Steel Stocks
- Coal is the Headline but Copper and Oil are the Story
- Will Cliffs Natural Resources Inc Return More Cash to Shareholders?