MERCK KGA (OTC: MKGAY)
Merck KGA is the Merck of Darmstadt, Germany, not to be confused with Merck, the US drug company. Merck KGA supplies pharmaceuticals globally including Erbitux. A line of consumer products includes Seven Seas. It also owns Millipore, a maker of special filtration supplies used in processing, purification, and water treatment and it supplies liquid crystals used in LCD displays and specialty pigments and cosmetics.
In 2014, Merck KGA announced plans to acquire Sigma-Aldrich, a well known supplier of laboratory chemicals. To meet antitrust requirements, Merck sold its European inorganics and solvents businesses to Honeywell, which sells high purity solvents and reagents under the Burdick & Jackson brand name. Honeywell also acquired product licenses for the Fluka, Hydranal, and Chromasolv products made at Selze, Germany.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did Roche Unleash Biogen's Worst Nightmare?
- The Lazy Way to Invest in Cancer Immunotherapy
- Why BioMarin Is Unfazed by Price-Gouging Proposals
- The Name of This Relatively New Cancer Immunotherapy Player Might Ring a Bell
- Which Big Pharma Will Grab the Lion?s Share of the Cancer Immunotherapy Market?
- Will the Evolving Immunotherapy Ecosystem Benefit Inovio Pharmaceuticals?