MERCK KGA (OTC: MKGAY)
Merck KGA is the Merck of Darmstadt, Germany, not to be confused with Merck, the US drug company. Merck KGA supplies pharmaceuticals globally including Erbitux. A line of consumer products includes Seven Seas. It also owns Millipore, a maker of special filtration supplies used in processing, purification, and water treatment and it supplies liquid crystals used in LCD displays and specialty pigments and cosmetics.
In 2014, Merck KGA announced plans to acquire Sigma-Aldrich, a well known supplier of laboratory chemicals.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares Intrexon Corp are Skyrocketing Today
- Why Pfizer Inc. Isn't Built to Last
- Did Pfizer Inc. Just Gut Its Chances of Finding New Blockbusters?
- 3 Dividend Aristocrats We Wouldn't Buy
- Has Pfizer Inc. Finally Solved Its Immuno-oncology Problem?
- Did Researchers Just Discover the Cause of Pancreatic Cancer?