MERCK KGA (OTC: MKGAY)
Merck KGA is the Merck of Darmstadt, Germany, not to be confused with Merck, the US drug company. Merck KGA supplies pharmaceuticals globally including Erbitux. A line of consumer products includes Seven Seas. It also owns Millipore, a maker of special filtration supplies used in processing, purification, and water treatment and it supplies liquid crystals used in LCD displays and specialty pigments and cosmetics.
In 2014, Merck KGA announced plans to acquire Sigma-Aldrich, a well known supplier of laboratory chemicals.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Pfizer Goes All In on Immuno-Oncology
- How the Rumor Mill Pumped Up Ziopharm Oncology's Valuation in June
- Better Dividend Stock: Pfizer, Inc. or GlaxoSmithKline plc?
- Why Shares of Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc. Broke Higher Today
- 2 Stocks to Buy in a Biotech Crash
- Why Shares Intrexon Corp are Skyrocketing Today