Medtronic (NYSE: MDT) is a maker and developer of medical devices. It operates in several segments including Cardiac Rhythm Management, Neuromodulation, Spinal, and Diabetes. It is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn. and was founded in 1949.
In 2014, a proposed merger with Covidien is under review.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Baxter International
- C.R. Bard
- Boston Scientific
- Johnson & Johnson
- Stryker Corporation
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- There's $2.1 Trillion Sitting Overseas, How Do We Get It Back on American Soil?
- Medical Device Companies Were Election Day Winners
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy Medtronic, Inc. Stock?
- The Stunning Mobile Game Changer for Diabetics That Investors Can't Ignore
- 3 Reasons Medtronic Inc. Stock Could Rise