Medicare is a US government health insurance program for the elderly (usually 65 years or older) and the disabled. It is administered by the Social Security Administration and financed with payroll taxes. It allows for hospital insurance for senior citizens and to make it easier for older citizens to pay doctor fees.
- Florida Medicare Guide - Provides medicare information, referrals, and customer service for the residents of Florida.
- Kaiser Family Foundation — Wide range of free information, including a drug benefit calculator, about the Medicare program and other U.S. health issues.
- State Health Facts — Data on health care spending and utilization, including Medicare; provided by the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- Social Security and Disability News Resource Center
- Social Security Disability Information
- Medicare Suppliments - Provides medicare information and referrals.