Maturity date is the date on which a bond or other debt security expires. On that date, the security stops earning interest, and the issuer is obligated to return the face value of the security as principal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Better Buy Now: McDonald's or Chipotle Mexican Grill?
- Apple Inc. iPhone 7 Specs: Here's What to Expect
- Can AstraZeneca Live Up to Its $45 Billion Promise?
- Why Shares of Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. Surged 28% in November
- After Hedge Funds Dump SunEdison, Will Anyone Save It?
- Here's Why Clovis Oncology's Stock Is Getting Pummeled Today