Maturity date is the date on which a bond or other debt security expires. On that date, the security stops earning interest, and the issuer is obligated to return the face value of the security as principal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Statistic That Demonstrates Why the Marijuana Movement Is So Powerful
- 4 Key Updates We Just Heard from Dyax Corp.
- A Notable Shift in Bank of America?s Business Model
- 3 Questions to Ask Ahead of Amgen's Second-Quarter Earnings Release
- Offshore Drilling Stocks: Is Transocean LTD or Seadrill Ltd. Worth Buying Today?
- How Much Stock Did Apple Inc. Repurchase Last Quarter?