Maturity date is the date on which a bond or other debt security expires. On that date, the security stops earning interest, and the issuer is obligated to return the face value of the security as principal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 9 Things I Wonder About IPOs
- Facebook vs. Twitter: Which Is the Better Social-Media Investment?
- Is Now the Perfect Time to Buy Marijuana Stocks?
- 3 Airlines Poised to Profit From Lower Fuel Prices
- A Balance Sheet Analysis of MasterCard Stock
- 7 Investing Disasters and How to Prevent Them From Happening to You