The fundamental materials science is chemistry. However, the term materials science often implies the study of new materials to find unique, high performance applications for those materials.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3D Printing News: World's First 3D Printing Car Factory Plus Showroom Coming to the Washington, D.C
- Gotcha, Wall Street! Falling Oil Prices Boost Dow Chemical Company Earnings
- 5 Things Corning Incorporated's CFO Wants You to Know
- Corning Incorporated Turns In Another Great Quarter
- Understanding Stock Dilution -- and Why You Should Care About It
- Why Shares of Foundation Medicine, Inc. Skyrocketed Today