Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Big Earnings, Big Cuts, and Big Solar
- Breitburn Energy Partners Shares Plunge on Ominous Signs From Linn Energy
- Enterprise Product Partners' Distributions Safe Despite Slips on Estimates and Revenue
- Enterprise Products Partners Cranks Out Strong Earnings Yet Again
- Will Thursday Be a Rough Day for LINN Energy LLC's Investors?