Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's What Went Wrong for Everything Energy Transfer in September
- Star Gas Partners Couldn't Fight Industry Trends and Tanked 15% in September
- What a Difference a Year Makes for Calumet Specialty Products Partners
- Why I Finally Bought More of Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Is Kinder Morgan Inc. the Perfect Energy Stock?
- The Schedule K-1 Form Explained