Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Key Takeaways From Targa Resources Earnings
- Here's What to Expect When Targa Resources Reports Earnings
- Here's What to Expect When Energy Transfer Partners Reports Earnings
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Big Earnings, Big Cuts, and Big Solar
- Breitburn Energy Partners Shares Plunge on Ominous Signs From Linn Energy