Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stocks With Monthly Dividends 2014: Atlas Resource Partners, L.P.
- 3 Reasons SunEdison Inc's Stock Could Rise
- High Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: CVR Partners LP
- Stocks With Monthly Dividends 2014: LINN Energy LLC
- 20 Stocks With Monthly Dividends 2014: Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC
- Is Enterprise Products Partners L.P. Spending Its Cash Wisely?