Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Could Cause LINN Energy LLC?s Stock to Skyrocket in 2014?
- 3 Reasons Dominion Resources' Stock Could Fall
- 5 Things ConocoPhillips' Management Wants You to Know
- Is This Popular High-Yield Investment Headed for Extinction?
- What Does This $70 Billion Deal Mean For You?
- A Buyer's Guide to Master Limited Partnerships: What to Look For Before Investing