Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MLPs: Vanguard Natural Resources LLC Scoops Up LRR Energy LP in a $539 Million Deal
- 1 Surprising Hindrance Holding Back Kinder Morgan Inc.
- 2 Things That Could Sink Williams Companies' Share Price
- The 3 Best Stocks for Investing in Refining
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Why Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP's Stock Crashed 17% in March