Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- EnLink Midstream Partners LP Stock (ENLK) Down 11% on Secondary Offering
- Can This Utility Go From Good to Great?
- Oil Prices May Crash Further: 3 High-Yield Oil Stocks to Buy If They Do
- 3 High-Yield Dividends That Probably Won't Last
- 3 Last Minute Tax Tips for 2015
- 3 Energy Stocks You Don't Have to Babysit