Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The IRS Could Be the Key to Fueling America's LNG Export Boom
- Why Distribution Growth Matters When Investing in MLPs
- The Coming Wave of Midstream Infrastructure Investment
- MLPs: Are Management-Company Fees Too High?
- Surging Natural Gas Production Will Fuel This Stock
- Why Magellan Midstream Partners May Belong in Your Portfolio