Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Offshore Drilling: Are Dividend Investors in Trouble?
- Natural Gas News: Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC Bulks Up (Again) on Natural Gas
- 5 Dividend Stocks That Could Double Your Money in 10 Years
- MLPs: 1 Number Investors Simply Must Know
- 3 Reasons Noble Energy's Stock Could Rise
- How to Profit From America's $272 Billion Oil Pipeline Problem