Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Surging Natural Gas Production Will Fuel This Stock
- Why Magellan Midstream Partners May Belong in Your Portfolio
- Without This Region, 3 Energy Companies Would Be In Serious Trouble
- Can the U.S. Beat Canada in the LNG Export Race?
- Carl Icahn and Elon Musk Are Wrong: Here's Why eBay Keeping PayPal Makes Sense
- Using the Marcellus and Utica to Make Fat Yields Fatter