Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Now is the Time to Buy These 3 High-Yielding Oil Investments
- What $60 Oil Could Mean for the Safety of Linn Energy's Sky-High Dividend
- Carl Icahn's Recent Buys
- Why Breitburn Energy Partners (BBEP) Crashed Another 14% Today
- Oil Stocks: I'm Not Worried About My Shares of LINN Energy LLC... Yet
- Will Plunging Oil Prices Kill This High-Yield Retirement Investment?