Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells: The Next Big Midstream MLP Opportunity
- Why Magellan Midstream Partners Was One of Few Energy Stocks to Throttle the S&P 500 in 2014
- 2 Big Problems Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. Needs to Fix in 2015
- Why Enterprise Products Partners Just Barely Beat the S&P 500 in 2014
- It's No Secret Why Shares of Linn Energy LLC Nose-Dived 68% in 2014
- Forget Philip Morris, These Are the Best Dividend Stocks To Own