Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Yes, You Can Retire With the Help of Oil and Natural Gas
- Which Proppant Company is Right for You?
- Dividend Growth Investors Should Consider Seadrill Partners
- This Huge Hedge Fund Company Has Been Selling Some Big Tech and Energy
- Is Boardwalk Pipeline Partners a Strong Turnaround Play?
- 3 Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying