Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Dirty Word Crushing Big Dividend Stocks
- How to Calculate My Schedule K-1 Taxable Income for Another State
- The Oil and Gas Sector: Here Come the Defaults
- With Defaults On the Way, Will Big Oil Go Shopping?
- Why Buying Low and Selling High Doesn't Work for Master Limited Partnerships
- 3 Great Stocks on Sale