Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Oil Carnage Doesn't Equal Poor Oil Service Earnings
- Here's How to Play Low Oil Prices
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Offshore Drilling Stocks: Is Transocean LTD or Seadrill Ltd. Worth Buying Today?
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Downstream Oil & Gas
- Marathon Petroleum's Shareholders Love MPLX's Acquisition, but MPLX's Shareholders Don't