Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Linn Energy Is the Perfect Retirement Stock
- Long-Term Capital Gains Tax Rates in 2014
- High-Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: Linn Energy LLC
- Is Enterprise Products Partners the Perfect Retirement Stock?
- The 3 Biggest Challenges PayPal Faces Without eBay
- How to Spread the Risk of Energy Investing for Income