Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dominion Resources Inc. Wants You to Know its Future is Bright ... and Gassy
- Magellan Midstream Partners: Fantastic Business, Bad Investment Today
- Seadrill Ltd. Q3 Earnings: Dividend Suspended, Misses Earnings by 50%
- Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP): 3 Reasons Why All Dividend Investors Should Consider This Income
- How MLPs Work: A Beginning Guide for Dividend Investors
- 3 Ways High-Yield Dividend Stocks Can Help You Recreate Warren Buffett's Investing Success