Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This 149-Bagger Hedge Fund Bought Google Inc. Should You?
- This $25 Billion Hedge Fund Sold Facebook Inc. Should You?
- 5 Things Pandora Media Inc. Wants You to Know
- Why Criteo SA (ADR) Stock Soared
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Takes Aim at the Macbook Air -- Again
- Facebook, Inc. Stock: 3 Reasons Not to Sell After Gaining 85% in 1 Year