Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why PepsiCo Is Better as a Single, Diversified Company Rather Than Two Separate Companies
- For Soda Makers, Sales of Soft Drinks Continue to Lose Their Fizz
- McDonald's Corporation Earnings: Will the Golden Arches Ever Grow Again?
- In Case You Missed It: GlaxoSmithKline Just Had a Phenomenal Week!
- 8 Fascinating Reads
- Can Twitter Inc. Take a Chunk of This Billion-Dollar Facebook Product?