Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Market Swooned, but Sarepta Therapeutics Soared in August
- Take Everything You Think You Know About Retirement and Toss It Out the Window
- Will the Evolving Immunotherapy Ecosystem Benefit Inovio Pharmaceuticals?
- Income Inequality in America: Is It as Bad as We Think?
- FitBit's 7 Competitive Advantages Over Other Brands
- The Rich Could Pay a Lot More for Medicare in 2016