Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Best Way to Invest in Chicken
- Carnival Corporation: Unfair Reputation or Fairly Treated?
- How T-Mobile Plans to Attack AT&T and Verizon
- Is Toyota Motor Corp. All Set for a Big Leap?
- The Fresh Market Is in Better Shape Than You Think
- Today?s Top Biotech Stories: Myriad Genetics, Bayer, Amgen, and Synta