Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Apple, D.R. Horton, and VASCO Data Security International Jumped Today
- Are Apple Shares Still a Buy After Its Earnings Blowout?
- Why Xilinx Inc., Biogen Idec Inc., and Qualcomm Incorporated Are Today?s 3 Worst Stocks
- Illumina, Inc.: How the Market's Smartest Company is Living Up to the Hype
- Why Investors Should Love Biogen's Earnings Miss
- Get Ready for E-Cigarettes to Light a Fire