Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Much Is 3D Systems Corporation Investing for the Future?
- Solar News: SunEdison Betting Billions on the Future of Renewable Energy
- Twitter Stock Will Jump This Holiday Season, If You Believe Twitter
- Will Apple, Inc. Abandon Its Sapphire Dreams And Use Corning's Gorilla Glass 4?
- Why These Big Pharma Stocks Could Plunge Next Year
- How 1 Company May Change Banking As We Know It