Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Halliburton?s 3 Biggest Growth Opportunities
- Why AT&T and Verizon Communications Should Not Be Rising Today
- Why Acacia Research Corp Stock Popped Today
- Will Tesla's Model 3 Make Electric Vehicles Mainstream?
- Why Intel Corporation Stock Could Yet Again Outperform in 2015
- 2 Communication Equipment Dividends You Can Buy Right Now and 1 to Avoid