Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Save Money Fast -- Without a Budget
- Smoke in These 7 States and It Could Cost You at Least $1.85 Million Over Your Lifetime
- 3 Bank Stocks to Buy in February
- 1 Chart Every Bank Investor Needs to See
- Tesla Is More Than a Car Company -- and That's Terrible News
- Why the War for Midsize Trucks Matters -- and Will the Tacoma Lose Its Top Spot?