Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Gartner Inc. Earnings: FX Weighs on Results, but Contract Value Growth Impresses
- World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Soars on Subscriber Growth
- Why Sonus Networks, Inc. Stock Jumped Again Thursday
- Qiagen's Transforming
- 4 Key Updates We Just Heard from Dyax Corp.
- Westport Innovations Shows Progress, but Challenges Remain