Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Do You Search for the Best Dividend Stocks?
- Oops! J.C. Penney Company Inc. Accidentally Lets Slip It's Having a Great Quarter
- 2 New Surveys Report Different Results for Apple's U.S. Mac Sales
- 3 Drug Stocks Leading the Charge Against Infectious Diseases
- Does This Marijuana Drug Study Change Everything?
- You May Want To Think Twice Before Purchasing That Fuel Efficient Hybrid