Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Demand for Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Dual-Motor Vehicles Is "Off the Charts"
- Angry Orchard Hard Cider Will Toast Black Wednesday's Boost
- Apple Inc.'s iPhone 6s Plus Deserves Its Own Chip
- 2 Things PepsiCo, Inc. Investors Need to Know
- Tiffany Earnings: Not Shining, But Still Rock-Solid
- SnapChat's New Cash Transfer App Won't Undermine Apple Pay