Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will "Super Smash Bros." Save the Nintendo 3DS?
- Is Microsoft One of the Best Companies in America?
- Sprint's $100 Family Share Pack Excludes a Key Group of Customers
- This Latest Move Proves Google Fiber Is Here to Stay
- Modern Day Scuttlebutt Methods That Philip Fisher Would Approve
- Is It Time to Buy Nike, Inc. Stock?