Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Could CTI BioPharma's FDA Shortcut Spell Trouble for Incyte?
- Apple Inc?s iOS 9 Ad Blocking: Winners and Losers
- Why Seagate Technology PLC Fell 12.8% in September
- Another Month, Another Crushing Decline for MannKind
- 5 Keys to PepsiCo's 3rd-Quarter Earnings
- What the Model X Tells Us About Tesla Motors' Strengths and Weaknesses