Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Gilead Sciences, Inc. Be Worried By Achillion Pharmaceuticals?
- How Broadcom Corporation Stock Could Surge to $50 Per Share
- Why Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp. Shares Cratered
- 3 Ways Microsoft Corporation Could Hurt Google Inc.
- Elon Musk All But Gives Away the "Major New Tesla Product Line" in a Pair of Tweets Today
- Why Shares in Celladon Corp Burst Today