Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Morning Dow Report: Can These Tech Giants Save the Market?
- Automotive Inventories and Incentives Rise -- Time to Panic?
- Is This Really a Sign of Good Times for HP?
- Can Heart Drugs Disrupt an Emerging Breast Cancer Market?
- Will Jolla Make Waves in the Smartphone Industry?
- 3 Things to Watch in Veeva's First Earnings Report