Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Coca-Cola's Compete With Silicon Valley's Food Movement?
- Is the Price Still Right for Gilead Sciences?
- Why I'm Not Worried About Citigroup's $3.5 Billion Charge
- The Most Anticipated IPO's for 2015
- Stratasys, Ltd. Executive Sheds Light on the Company's New 3D Printers and More
- Teens Are Fleeing Facebook: Should You "Unlike" the Company?