Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Federal Reserve: The 1 Thing Investors Should Bank On
- Twitter Inc. Is Ready to Pay Up for User Growth
- How NVIDIA Corporation is Powering the Drone Market
- Intel Corporation May Be Able to See an Over $1 Billion Improvement in Mobile Losses During 2016
- The Worst Mistake Microsoft Corporation Investors Can Make Right Now
- Here's How Citrix Systems, Inc. Just Beat Earnings Expectations