Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Most Important Number in Gilead Sciences' Earnings Report
- 1 Statistic That Demonstrates Why the Marijuana Movement Is So Powerful
- How to Get a Black Card
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Paper Products
- Sierra Wireless Inc. -- Overhyped or a Viable Turnaround Story?
- Tougher Marijuana Regulations Could Be Coming to a State Near You