Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Read This Before You Retire
- Out of 12 Big Pharma Stocks, This is the 1 You Can Confidently Hold for the Next 10 Years
- 3 Things Apple Inc's Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Wants You To Know
- Will Apple TV and Dish's Sling TV Kill Netflix Inc.?
- 3 Oil Stocks Wall Street Is Wrong About
- 10 Things Everyone Should Know About Solar Energy