Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks That Could Make Huge Moves This Week
- The Best Stocks for Investing in Wall Street Banks
- Lyft vs. Uber: Just How Dominant Is Uber in the Ridesharing Business?
- 3D Printing News: Expert Reveals Greatest Challenges Prohibiting Adoption
- The Hidden Financial Cost of Hillary Clinton's Presidential Run
- 2 Great Signs for Investors in Detroit's Largest Automaker