Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Trulia Inc. Q3 Earnings: Ready For The Buyout
- 5 Ways Landlords Can Achieve Better Tenant Stability
- 5 Things Visa Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- MasTec Inc.'s Third-Quarter Earnings Show Expected Progress and Promise a Better 2015
- Why I Still Own Staples Stock
- Colony Financial Inc.: Is It Time to Buy This Dividend Stock?