Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are These Stocks the Best Investments You Can Possibly Make?
- 3 Reasons Danaher Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- 3 Reasons Seadrill Ltd's Stock Could Fall
- How Safe Is Calumet Specialty Products Partners' Sky-High Yield?
- What You Need to Know About Credit Card Rates
- Here's Why General Electric Company Is Putting Billions into Aviation