Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 8 Unexpected Retirement Costs to Plan For
- 3 Tech Stocks That Are About to Change The World
- The Energy Storage Slump Tesla Motors Isn't Talking About
- Bad Weather Rains on RPM International's Earnings Parade
- Microsoft Corporation Finally Addresses Windows 10 Security Concerns. Is It Enough?
- Toyota's Latest Move Toward Self-Driving Cars