Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3D NAND: Are You Ready for a Boom?
- Pandora Leads Streaming Services, but Does That Matter?
- Dow Drops 67 Points on a Momentum-Crushing Day; Why Goldman, JPMorgan Should Worry
- Is Merck a Buy at Current Price Levels?
- Why Plug Power, Bridgepoint Education, and Nuverra Environmental Solutions Plunged Today
- Did This News Item Break Facebook's "Analyst Rally"?