Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Earnings: Eat Up Comps
- Apple Beats Earnings on the Back of Strong iPhone Sales
- Want To Know How Big Buffalo Wild Wings Could Grow?
- G2E 2014: Why Las Vegas Sands' Sheldon Adelson is Fighting Online Gaming
- The Surprising Way Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Is Trying to Win Online Shoppers
- Can Dassault Aviation Play the Gulfstream Game?