Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon.com Inc. and Mattress Firm Holding Corp Jump as Stocks Rise
- 3 Risks to Apple Inc.'s Business
- (Lack of) Oil Exploration Activity Continues to Crush Geospace Technologies' Earnings
- Apple, Inc. R&D: Too Little or Just Right?
- Internet Ad Growth Is Surging, and Facebook Inc. Is the Big Winner
- Better Buy: Zendesk Inc or Salesforce.com Inc?