Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- General Motors Company Reports a Profit Despite Huge Recall Costs
- Rumors of Groupon's Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Why Now Is the Time to Invest in Solar Companies
- Stock Market Today: The Beginning of a Tech Rebound?
- AstraZeneca's Q1 Profit Falls 11% Despite Strong Diabetes Drug Growth
- 9 Warren Buffett-Approved Dividend Stocks