Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Nokia Corporation Just Leapfrogged Over GoPro, Inc.
- The Most Important Number in Gilead Sciences' Earnings Report
- Cremation Costs: What to Expect
- 1 Statistic That Demonstrates Why the Marijuana Movement Is So Powerful
- Who Will Win China, Microsoft Corporation or Sony Corporation?
- Sierra Wireless Inc. -- Overhyped or a Viable Turnaround Story?