Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Money Moves to Make by Year's End
- The Biggest Problem With Samsung?s Galaxy, Sony?s Xperia, and HTC?s One Phones
- Will The Fitbit Surge Kill The Apple Watch?
- Is Renting REALLY Cheaper Than Buying?
- Does This Spell the End for the Electronic Cigarette?
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors