Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Shopping at Las Vegas Sands: How This Company Is Winning More Than Just Gaming Revenue
- Why Qualcomm Inc. Shares Could Jump to $90
- How Warren Buffett Defied Popular Thinking on Risk
- Why Did Microsoft Kill Off Nokia X and Asha?
- Why Apple, Inc. Stock Didn't Budge After Earnings
- Can More Cheap Windows Phones Save Microsoft's Mobile Plans?