Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Black Friday Save Microsoft's Struggling Xbox One?
- Making All the Right Moves, Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (ADR) Still Gets Punished
- Dividends That Will Last Long After You Retire
- 3 Threats to Halliburton Company's Stock
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. Is on the Move Again in Seattle