Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Whole Foods Market a Lawsuit Waiting to Happen?
- As the Dow Recovers, Smart Investors Can Learn From Rollercoaster Markets
- The Intel Corporation Margin Fallacy
- 3 Stocks to Invest In for Beginners
- What $60 Oil Could Mean for the Safety of Linn Energy's Sky-High Dividend
- 4 Takeways From Heico's Earnings Report