Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Apple Inc. Compete Against Google Glass and Microsoft Corp.'s HoloLens?
- Why Samsung Will Not Acquire Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- The 3 Best Dividend Stocks Warren Buffett Owns
- Apple Inc.?s Slowing iPad Business Is a Win For Shareholders
- This Is How Bank of America Can Win Me (and You) Back
- 3 of the Best Dividend Stocks in Tech