Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 10 Immediate Steps to Start Planning for Retirement in Your 40s
- Microsoft Corporation's Surface Pro 4 vs Apple Inc.'s iPad Air 3: What Investors Should Expect
- Should Investors Be Worried About ?Slowing? Apple Watch Sales?
- Is Bed Bath & Beyond a Buy?
- Should You Invest In PayPal's IPO?
- 4 Stocks to Watch in Wearables