Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. to Get Java Jolt From Kraft Coffee Deal
- 3 Surprising Ways lululemon athletica is Driving Sales Growth Today
- 3 Reasons TE Connectivity's Stock Could Rise
- Facebook, Inc?s New Ad Tool Is a Game-Changer
- Why The Sherwin-Williams Company Stock Skyrocketed 19% in 2014
- 3 Reasons GoPro?s Stock Could Rise