Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 More Way Qualcomm Inc. Is Challenging Apple Inc.
- The 1 Thing Microsoft Corporation Must Get Right With Its Low-End Windows Phones
- Pfizer Inc. Has a Growth Problem -- Here Are 3 Ways to Change That
- 3D Systems Corporation Earnings Deep-Dive: Is It Time To Buy?
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in March
- Intel Corporation Launches New LTE and Connectivity Solutions: Here?s What You Need to Know