Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Now That Apple, Inc. Has Gone Big With iPhone 6, Will It Ever Go Back?
- Ford Investors Are Missing the Big Picture
- High Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
- Who Cares About Oil? Egypt Has Its Sights on Renewable Energy
- Should Apple, Inc. Worry About Subsidy Cuts in China?
- 3 Reasons Cisco Systems Is Becoming a Top Dividend Stock