Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- National Oilwell Varco Earnings Keep the Good Times Going
- A Beginner's Guide to the Internet of Things
- Johnson Controls Earnings: How the Restructuring Is Starting to Pay Off
- Why Broadcom Stock Soared 40% in 2014
- Is Tesla Motors, Inc. Teaching Mercedes-Benz a Lesson on Making Reliable Cars?
- 3D Printing Stocks: Why Expertise Could Become More Important Than Products