Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Intel Corporation vs. Qualcomm Inc.: Let the Drone Wars Begin!
- This Small-Cap Cancer Immunotherapy Developer Just Snagged Another Big Partner
- 5 Things Geospace Technologies' Management Wants You to Know
- The 5 Best Business Executives Nobody's Heard Of
- 4 Weird Food Trends Millennials Are Making Into a Thing
- 3 Tech Stocks That Fell This Week