Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ford's Truck Sales Fall Again, But Investors Shouldn't Worry
- How to Cash In on the Best Stocks in Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Stocks to Hedge Oil and Gas
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Infrastructure Spending
- Greenbrier Keeps Growing, but Some Investors Feel Like They've Missed the Train
- Apple's Big Strength: Operational Excellence