Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- General Electric On Its Way to Regaining Dividend Aristocrat Status
- (Lack of) Oil Exploration Activity Continues to Crush Geospace Technologies' Earnings
- Embraer Hits Another Delivery Milestone
- Should Investors Steer Clear of Arista Networks?
- 1 Potential Positive for Apple Inc.?s iPad Business
- GoPro Inc's Biggest Shareholder Sells 30% of Its Stake