Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Tesla Gigafactories Are Coming. Can Global Lithium Supply Keep Up?
- Carbon3D's CEO Discusses Its Breakthrough CLIP 3D Printing Tech?
- China -- Not the U.S. -- Is Leading the Solar Revolution
- Social Security: 9 Seriously Fun Facts (Really!)
- After Crushing First-Quarter Estimates, Is Caterpillar Inc. Finally a Buy?
- The Worst Stocks for a Stock Market Crash