Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Edison Nation Show You How to Sell Invention Ideas?
- Do We Really Need GMOs to Feed the World?
- Why Lower Iron Ore Prices Could Hit Caterpillar Stock Hard
- Microsoft Windows Phone Gets a New (and Old) Partner
- Expert Opinion: 3D Printing Will Complement Existing Manufacturing in Next 10 Years
- 2 Great Stocks Senior Citizens Can Buy Now