Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- AMD's ARM: A Smart Move?
- Will Subaru's Q1 Fortify Its Position in the U.S.?
- U.S.-China Solar Trade War Continues to Escalate
- IPO Alert: The Company Behind Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Self-Driving Efforts?
- Cisco and NetApp Play Hardball with VMware: Will FlexPod Suffer?
- Will Microsoft?s Deals with China Telecom and JD.com Boost Xbox One Sales?