Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Johnson & Johnson's Headache-Fixing Earnings, Mattel's Un-Fun Earnings, and Why Stocks Popped All We
- Acer Kicks Intel Out of Its Smartphones for 2014
- The All-New Chevrolet Cruze That Americans Can't Buy
- Stronger Nickel Prices to Benefit Vale, BHP Billiton
- 2 Things You Should Know About Tesla Motors This Month
- Which Tobacco Company Should Growth Investors Buy?