Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Healthcare Technologies That Are Set to Transform Our Lives Over the Next 10-20 Years
- Is SolarCity Stock a Bargain for Investors?
- Falling Oil Prices Could Kill Environmentally-Friendly Jet Fuels
- This News Could Burn E-Cigarette Makers
- These 3 Weird iPhone Rumors Are Probably Wrong
- Offshore Wind U.K.: Siemens Better Watch Out for General Electric Company