Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Tesla Motors Will Begin Building Cars in China Soon
- Texas Instruments Incorporated Jumps 4% on a Classic Beat-and-Raise Performance in Q1
- How Does Thailand Fit Into Volkswagen?s Plans?
- Why Sanmina Corp Shares Skyrocketed Today
- What You Need to Know About Dr Pepper Snapple Group?s Earnings
- This Apple Inc. Supplier Has More Upside