Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of Winnebago Industries Inc. Crashed Today
- Sierra Wireless vs. Skyworks Solutions: Which is the Better Internet of Things Stock?
- Did the U.N. Just Ruin This $5 Billion Monsanto Business?
- 5 Key Takeaways from ExOne Co.'s Earnings Call
- Why Intel Corporation's Skylake Is a Bigger Deal for Mobile Than for Desktops
- Canada's "Next Oil Sands Miracle" a Bust