Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways General Electric Could Become Great Again
- People That Use Apple Pay Really Like It
- Electrifying News for General Electric Spells Doomsday for Electrolux?
- 3 Things Avago Technologies Ltd. Management Wants You to Know
- Safe Stocks Yielding 5% (or More) Do Exist -- Here Are 5 of Them
- The Top Tech ETF of the Week