Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Key Questions for Walt Disney Co as Subscriber Losses at ESPN Accelerate
- Australia Helps Vail Resorts Narrow Its Losses
- 3 Ways General Electric Could Become Great Again
- Why Shares of Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Co. Dropped Today
- Is It Too Late to Invest in Amazon.com Inc.?
- Why Westport Innovations Inc. (USA) Stock Fell 10% Today