Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 World-Class Businesses At a Reasonable Price
- Why This Popular Insurer Lost More Than a Quarter of Its Value in August
- This Company Was a Logistical Nightmare for Investors in August
- Apple Inc. Could Have Trouble Selling a $200 Apple TV
- Will Incoming Competitive Threats Sink Biogen?
- Why AeroVironment Stock Dropped 11% This Morning