Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Working Longer Than Expected Is New Normal for Americans
- Intel Corporation's Keys to Fueling Another Successful Year
- 5 Things Johnson & Johnson's Management Wants You to Know
- What Google Mobile Payment Talks With Softcard Mean For Apple Pay
- Virgin America Inc Stock Gets Slammed On Guidance
- United Continental in 2015: 5 Things Management Wants You to Know