Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Earnings: Explaining the Wonky Trends
- These Places Are Better Bets Than Las Vegas
- 4 Amazon Projects to Watch in 2015
- Stratasys, Ltd. Q4 and 2014 Earnings: Market Relieved, No Major Surprises
- Why Shares of Mitel Networks Corp. Slumped Today
- Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines Are Ready for Expansion