Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Be Fooled -- Falling Oil Prices Are Good For Stocks
- One Lender Growing Faster Than Bank of America -- and Why That's a Bad Thing
- 3 Cheap Growth Stocks You Could Buy Right Now
- 8 Fascinating Reads
- You?ll Never Guess Which Fast Food Place Customers Think Is the Healthiest (Hint: It?s Not Chipotle)
- Wal-Mart Slashes Apple iPhone 6 Prices