Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- T-Mobile Needs Its New Family Plan to Fend Off AT&T and Verizon
- The Biggest Lesson From the Rick Santelli Rant Rebuttal
- Is Microsoft's Mobile Strategy at All Feasible?
- Banks: Investing Essentials
- Master Limited Partnerships: Investing Essentials
- Will a New Telehealth Deal Help Castlight Health, inc. Stock Get Back on Track?