Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- NuVasive Earnings Look Healthy After Solid Results, DOJ Settlement
- Dynamic Materials Keeps Waiting for an Oil and Gas Rebound
- Why Peabody Energy Corporation's Stock Popped 14% Today
- United Parcel Service Beats Estimates in Second Quarter
- Why Cliffs Natural Resources Inc's Shares Popped 27% Today
- Shares of TrueCar Rebound 12% Higher Today After Plunging to a New 52-Week Low