Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- April 15 and Beyond: Take Control of Your Financial Future
- 4 Factors Holding Back BP plc
- PlayStation 4 Sales Pass 7 Million Units and Give Hope to the Console Industry
- 2 Things You Should Know About Tesla Motors This Month
- The Dow's Top Stocks of the Week
- 3 Ways You Can Survive the Coming Stock Market Correction