Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Demand for Ads During Live Sports Keeps Growing, and That's Good News for The Walt Disney Co.
- 3 Sector ETFs That Survived the Summer
- The Real Reason the Air Force Wants to Retire the A-10
- Harley-Davidson Recalls 312,000 Bikes -- and That's Good News?
- Why Shares of Wynn Resorts Limited Fell 29% in September
- Why CSX Earnings Won't Tell the Whole Story