Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's Why Endologix's Latest Report Might Worry You
- Why Lloyds Banking, Intermediate Capital, and Quindell Portfolio Should Beat the FTSE 100 Today
- 3 FTSE 100 Shares Hitting New Highs
- Microsoft Seizes Control of the Computer Industry
- Why Generation X Won't Retire Rich
- How Apollo Investment Can Sustain Its Dividend