Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Eli Lilly and Co's Management Wants You to Know
- Barnes & Noble's Newest Samsung-Built NOOK Is Here
- Social Security: Taking Benefits at 62 Is Smart, but Not for This Reason
- Staples Earnings: Better Than Expected
- 4 Things Time Warner Cable's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons U.S. Steel Stock Could Fall