Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Travelers Companies Inc.'s Third-Quarter Earnings: 3 Key Takeaways
- Amazon.com Doesn't Share eBay's Marketplace Woes
- Will Google's Nexus Android Gaming Console Flop?
- Why Cisco Systems Inc.'s Buybacks and Dividends Are Not Enough
- Discover Financial Services Earnings: Record Rapid Growth Continues
- Interactive Brokers Takes a Hit, but Turbulent Markets Could Mean Better Days Ahead