Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Long-Term Risk in McDonald's Turnaround Plan
- Why HP, Abengoa, and Petroleo Brasileiro Slumped Today
- What Will It Take for Intel Corp.?s Mobile Group to Reach Profitability?
- Even Pfizer and Allergan Have Doubts About Their $160 Billion Merger
- Can Pfizer Live Without Television?
- Best Buy's Up-and-Down Performance Continues