Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Bank of America Earnings: 3 Things to Watch
- Facebook Messenger Is Worth More Than WhatsApp
- Sprint Ups the Cost of Unlimited Plan, Gives You David Beckham as Consolation Prize
- 3 Ways to Invest Money Wisely -- Without Spending a Lot of Time
- 3 Energy Companies That Will Do Well Despite Low Oil Prices
- 1 Way Pfizer Continues to Stand Out From the Crowd