Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3M, Verizon Earnings Misses Take Down the Dow
- Is Rite Aid Gaining on CVS and Walgreen?
- The Original Game Boy Turns 25: How Has Nintendo Fared Since?
- 3 Key Takeaways From Zynga's First-Quarter Earnings
- What to Expect When Pandora Media Inc Reports Earnings
- General Motors Company Reports a Profit Despite Huge Recall Costs