Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) is a defense contractor, building military aircraft, weapons, and surveillance devices. It is headquartered in Bethesda, Md. and was founded in 1909.
In 2013, Lockheed announced newly patented Perflorene membrane filters constructed of graphene. The filters are claimed to reduce back pressure resulting in improved energy efficiency in water desalination.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Rare Bit of Good News for Lockheed Martin's F-35 Stealth Fighter
- Pentagon's Budget-Busting Bomber Program Could Double in Size
- More Bad News for Lockheed Martin: The U.S. Air Force Just Isn't Into the F-35
- Lockheed Martin Puts AeroVironment in Its Crosshairs
- Lockheed Martin Books a Bonanza of C-130 Hercules Buys