Loan origination fee
This fees pays for the collection of a book of documents detailing the financial history of the borrower. This information makes it possible for the loan originator to sell the mortgage to others. Resale transfer the mortgage to others with capital to lend and passes it into the hands of a mortgage service company who processes payments and maintains records of the mortgage.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- OnDeck Loans: Right for Your Business?
- How to Find the Best Personal Loans for You
- 700 Credit Score: The Most Important Things to Know About Your Credit Rating
- How to Compare Mortgage Companies
- Bank of America Reports Best Quarter Since Financial Crisis
- Wells Fargo Earnings: Higher Expenses Weigh on Profits