Loan origination fee
This fees pays for the collection of a book of documents detailing the financial history of the borrower. This information makes it possible for the loan originator to sell the mortgage to others. Resale transfer the mortgage to others with capital to lend and passes it into the hands of a mortgage service company who processes payments and maintains records of the mortgage.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks We Like -- but Not for Retirees
- 3 Reasons to Buy Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- Why Investors Should Consider New Residential Investment Corp.'s Huge Dividend Yield
- 5 Ways You Can Increase Your Credit Score
- Do You Really Need to Get Mortgage Preapproval?
- 20 Things Every 20-Something Should Know About Credit