Loan origination fee
This fees pays for the collection of a book of documents detailing the financial history of the borrower. This information makes it possible for the loan originator to sell the mortgage to others. Resale transfer the mortgage to others with capital to lend and passes it into the hands of a mortgage service company who processes payments and maintains records of the mortgage.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 8 Unexpected Retirement Costs to Plan For
- Don't Refinance Your Mortgage Until You Read This First
- Alternative Minimum Tax: What Is It and Do You Need to Worry About It?
- Are You Guilty of Committing Suze Orman's 5 "Forever Nevers"?
- The 4 Best Warren Buffett Stocks to Buy Right Now
- Mortgage Points: What They Are and Why You Might Pay Them