Loan origination fee
This fees pays for the collection of a book of documents detailing the financial history of the borrower. This information makes it possible for the loan originator to sell the mortgage to others. Resale transfer the mortgage to others with capital to lend and passes it into the hands of a mortgage service company who processes payments and maintains records of the mortgage.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- AT&T and Verizon Drag On the Dow; Can Sprint and T-Mobile Really Win?
- The Dow's 5 Most Loved Stocks
- Financial Tools for Foreigners Visiting the U.S.
- How to Get Rich Off Real Estate Like Warren Buffett
- 3 Huge Differences Between U.S. and Canadian Mortgages
- Where the Money Is: An Interview with Prosper Executive, Ron Suber