A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Mortgage Lenders Want to Know About Your Credit
- 6 Ways to Save on Home Closing Costs
- 5 Common Credit Gripes -- and How to Get Past Them
- Need Help Paying Off Student Loans? Don?t Call These Companies
- 5 Types of Income Mortgage Lenders Will Consider
- 5 Questions Mortgage Lenders Ask About Your Income