A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did You Know You Can Boost Your Profits With Borrowed Money?
- 5 First-Time Homebuyer Mistakes to Avoid
- Allied Capital: 5 Years After its Downfall
- Does a Reverse Mortgage Make Sense for You?
- Pfizer Inc. Has a Growth Problem -- Here Are 3 Ways to Change That
- Warren Buffett's Simple Way to Make Money Investing