A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Mortgage Pre-Approvals Matter for Buyers and Sellers
- Traditional Bank vs. Credit Union vs. Online Bank
- How Healthy Are Your Finances? Here's an Easy Way to Find Out
- How 1 Sentence Caused XOMA Corp. Shares to Explode Higher
- Need a Tax Extension? Here's What You Can Do
- 5 Critical Takeaways From Berkshire Hathaway's 50th Anniversary Meeting