A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways the Internet of Things Will Change Bank of America and Citigroup
- Mortgage Loans: Essential Information You Need to Know
- 7 Reasons Buying a Home Now Is a Smart Move
- Will Facebook Inc.?s Latest Move Get You Defriended?
- 3 Reasons to Believe Wells Fargo Is Headed in the Right Direction
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?