A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Warren Buffett's Simple Way to Make Money Investing
- 25 Major Factors That Caused or Contributed to the Financial Crisis
- SunPower Earnings Shine Light on Value, Profit, and Potential with New YieldCo
- An Important Lesson About Banking From the Panic of 1873
- 50% Off German Banks: Should You Buy Them?
- How Life Insurance Is Changing for the Better