A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Reason Behind Sarepta Therapeutics Inc.'s Sinking Stock Price
- A Brief History of Bank of America in Crisis
- Don't Look Now, But Discover Financial Services is About to Unload One of its Business Units
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Mortgages
- Who Will Profit the Most From a U.S. Housing Boom
- A Short Term Loan Alternative to Costly Payday Lending