A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Tax Reform Will Affect These 2 Stocks
- In-Depth Interview With Clean Energy Fuels CEO Andrew Littlefair
- No Money for a Down Payment? Here's How You Can Still Buy a House
- 9 Steps to Boost Your Credit Before You Buy a House
- 7 Credit Score 'Facts' That Are Plain Wrong
- 4 Key Things From Wells Fargo's Earnings You Need To Know