A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Money Moves to Make Before a Career Change
- Federal Reserve to Big Banks: You're Doing a Terrible Job
- Everything You Need to Know About VA Mortgage Refinancing
- Is Federal Student Loan Consolidation Right for You?
- 6 Common Application and Screening Mistakes Property Managers Make
- 5 Banking Fees That Are Actually Worth Paying