A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is a Mortgage Broker, and Should You Use One?
- The Reverse Mortgage: Pros and Cons
- How to Calculate Adjusted Monthly Gross Income
- Too Many Credit Card Applications Can Ruin Your Credit Score
- Who's Ready to Kiss These 2 Lucrative Social Security Loopholes Goodbye?
- What to Expect When You Open a Brokerage Account