A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Common Application and Screening Mistakes Property Managers Make
- 5 Banking Fees That Are Actually Worth Paying
- Are Degrees From For-Profit Colleges Worth the Paper They're Printed On?
- 3 Strong Dividend Yields, but Which Is the Best?
- Liberal Arts Degrees Can Net Big Salaries -- if You Wait Long Enough
- What the Average Credit Score Will Get You