A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Bankruptcy Isn't a "Get Out of Debt Free" Card
- In Case You Missed It, This Once-Promising Social Security Strategy Is History
- Want a Tax-Filing Extension? Not So Fast?
- Why 2015 Could Be the Best Year Yet to Buy a House
- Ready to Refinance? 8 Steps for Success
- Why Millennials Will Make It Easier for You to Buy a House