A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why I'm Buying Sirius XM
- LA Sues Wells Fargo, Citigroup Over Foreclosures in Minority Communities
- Dow Jumps Following Sweet Data on Jobs, Consumer Confidence
- Why 58.com, Voxeljet, and Workday Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Why Nokia Backed Off From the Alcatel-Lucent Deal
- Mortgage Applications Fall for 4th Time in 5 Weeks