For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does GameStop's CEO Know What He's Talking About?
- Here's What This $69 Billion Pension Fund Has Been Buying
- Why the Numbers Just Don't Add Up to Buy United Airlines
- Surprisingly Strong North America Results at Baker Hughes Inc
- 5 Things to Watch in PotashCorp?s Earnings Report Tomorrow
- Will Arch Coal Inc Ever Rebound?