For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Stock Is the Best Investment Pure Play in Luxury Goods Today
- Twitter Inc?s Earnings Leak, Linkedin Corp?s Earnings Bleak
- Ford's New 2015 F-150 Is Selling Fast, but So Is GM's Chevy Silverado
- Is J.C. Penney Inc.'s Stock a Buy?
- MannKind Corporation: Past, Present, and Future
- Why Are Wireless Carriers Tweaking Samsung's Galaxy S6?