For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Megawatts or Negawatts? Capitalizing on Wasted Electricity
- Ulta, Sally, or Regis: Who's Going to Have the Most Beautiful 2014?
- Starbucks Tries to Gild the Lily
- What to Look for With This Fuel Cell Company?s Results
- Why Russia Is Exploring Alternate Trade Routes With China
- Can We Finally Put 2010 Behind Us?