For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Expanding Margins Will Lead Weatherford International Higher
- Boeing and Textron Win as Pentagon Awards $535 Million in Contracts
- Boeing Shares Fall on Weak Sales, Tax-Boosted Earnings Beat
- Pandora Media, Inc. Earnings: Fending Off Competition
- Are Hewlett-Packard and Valero Energy Bargains Right Now?
- The 21 Critical Questions to Ask Your Broker Today