For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- British Invasion: Why is America Producing Fuel for This WWII Airplane?
- The Can't-Miss Reason Why Rite Aid's Profit Could Soar
- Could Spotify Take Down Pandora Media Inc. in 2015?
- What Did Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Prove in the Fourth Quarter?
- International Business Machines Corp. Earnings: Pay Attention to the Margins
- Manitowoc Company's Management Suggests a Choppy 2015