For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tesla's Referral Program: Smart Move or Sign of Desperation?
- Chevron's Earnings Get Clobbered This Quarter; Here's What You Need to Know
- Walt Disney Co.?s Biggest Strength: Diversification
- Why GNC Holdings Looked Healthy on Thursday
- Fiat Chrysler's Profit Jumps on Strong Jeep Sales
- Why Monster Worldwide Shares Popped Thursday