For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Only Months After the iPhone 6 Release, Is the Apple A9 Chip Already in Production?
- Is McDonald's Stock Now on the Value Menu?
- Should Nokia Networks Buy Alcatel-Lucent?
- 4 Takeways From Heico's Earnings Report
- The 3 Best Energy Stocks for a Market Crash
- Amazon's Fire TV Stick vs. Google's Chromecast -- Which Should You Choose?