For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Goes for Growth
- How Investors in the United States Should Think About the Events in Greece
- How Starbucks Corporation Dominated the Holiday Season
- Is The Container Store Paying Its Employees Too Much?
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Stock Could Reach $1,000 Sooner Than You May Think
- British Invasion: Why is America Producing Fuel for This WWII Airplane?