For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Microsoft?s Deals with China Telecom and JD.com Boost Xbox One Sales?
- Value Investing Explained in 7 Quotes
- Why General Electric Company?s Q2 Is a Big Win for Its CEO
- What to Expect From This Debt-Laden Oil Company's Earnings
- Subaru Has Big Plans for the All-New 2015 Legacy Sedan
- Why Warren Buffett Wouldn't Touch J.C. Penney Stock