For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Southern Company Earnings: Will Coal Kill This Dividend Stock's Success Story?
- This Massive Hedge Fund Company Has Been Buying The Coca-Cola Company. Should You?
- 5 Things Kraft Foods Group Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Bought My First House
- Will New Google Chromebooks Wound Microsoft and Save Samsung?
- 5 Things Pfizer Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know