A listing agreement is the contract between a seller of real estate and the listing real estate agent. The listing agreement specifies the commission to be paid, the term of the listing, and other details of the arrangement. The realtor representing the buyer is also paid a commission as specified in the listing agreement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Billionaire Carl Icahn's Stock Buys: The Breakup Master Strikes Again
- Which Elon Musk Stock Is the Better Buy: Tesla or SolarCity?
- Exclusive: Zillow Group Inc. Panel Talks Mobile, Acquisitions and Plans for 2015
- No, Fox News Didn't Cost DISH Network 90,000 Subscribers
- Which Carriers Get a Failing Grade When It Comes to Unlocking Phones?
- My Exploits at Barnes & Noble During the Financial Crisis