A listing agreement is the contract between a seller of real estate and the listing real estate agent. The listing agreement specifies the commission to be paid, the term of the listing, and other details of the arrangement. The realtor representing the buyer is also paid a commission as specified in the listing agreement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Outside-the-Box Ways to Sell Your Home
- The Little-Known Way Obamacare Could Revolutionize Insurance
- How to Prepare Your Digital Assets for Death
- How You Can Profit From Possible M&A in the Tobacco Industry
- Is Main Street Capital Showing Signs of a Bad Lender?
- Why DISH's Deal With Disney Matters for Internet TV