A listing agreement is the contract between a seller of real estate and the listing real estate agent. The listing agreement specifies the commission to be paid, the term of the listing, and other details of the arrangement. The realtor representing the buyer is also paid a commission as specified in the listing agreement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Pfizer Inc.'s Earnings: Emerging Market Growth and Patent Expirations Square Off
- 3 Good Reasons to Buy Annuities
- Stocks With Monthly Dividends 2014: American Realty Capital Properties, Inc.
- Will Dr. Google Cash In On This $4.5 Billion Opportunity?
- 5 Things Your Landlord Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons News Corp Bought Realtor.com's Parent Move