LG Chem (OTC: LGCLF) LG Chem is the largest chemical company in South Korea. In 2015, C&EN ranked it 13th in the global industry with 2014 sales of $21.5B.
Headquarters: LG Twin Towers, 128, Yeoui-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Major products are listed as:
Materials Polarizers, 3D FPR, ITO Flim, Water Solution Business
Energy Solutions Lithium-ion Cylindrical Battery, Lithium-ion Prismatic Battery, Lithium-ion Polymer Battery , Automotive Battery
In 2015, investments include a polarizers for liquid crystal display in China. LG Chem manufactures lithium batteries for the Chevy Volt in Holland, MI. The plant began production in 2013. In 2015, LG Chem acquired NanoH2O, a manufacturer of reverse osmosis membranes for water desalination.
LG Display is reportedly the primary manufacturer of screens for the Apple Watch.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How General Motors Is Using Partnerships to Develop Advanced Technology
- 5 Technologies That Could Drive Solar Energy Growth for Decades
- Did LG Solve Apple Watch?s Biggest Problem?
- How Corning Incorporated is Bringing OLED Lighting Into the Mainstream
- 11 Energy Storage Competitors Tesla Motors Needs to Worry About
- GM Makes It Official: Automaker Will Zap Tesla With Its Electric Chevy Bolt
- 3 Ways General Electric Could Become Great Again
- Electrifying News for General Electric Spells Doomsday for Electrolux?
- This Startup Just Saved Qualcomm Inc. From a 5-Year Low
- 3 (Non-Apple) Things Universal Display Investors Should Know
- What to Expect From Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, and More on Cyber Monday
- Apple Inc. Reportedly to Use OLEDs in the iPhone 8