LG Chem (OTC: LGCLF) LG Chem is the largest chemical company in South Korea. In 2015, C&EN ranked it 13th in the global industry with 2014 sales of $21.5B.
Headquarters: LG Twin Towers, 128, Yeoui-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Major products are listed as:
Materials Polarizers, 3D FPR, ITO Flim, Water Solution Business
Energy Solutions Lithium-ion Cylindrical Battery, Lithium-ion Prismatic Battery, Lithium-ion Polymer Battery , Automotive Battery
In 2015, investments include a polarizers for liquid crystal display in China. LG Chem manufactures lithium batteries for the Chevy Volt in Holland, MI. The plant began production in 2013. In 2015, LG Chem acquired NanoH2O, a manufacturer of reverse osmosis membranes for water desalination.
LG Display is reportedly the primary manufacturer of screens for the Apple Watch.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did LG Solve Apple Watch?s Biggest Problem?
- How Corning Incorporated is Bringing OLED Lighting Into the Mainstream
- 11 Energy Storage Competitors Tesla Motors Needs to Worry About
- GM Makes It Official: Automaker Will Zap Tesla With Its Electric Chevy Bolt
- Tesla Is More Than a Car Company -- and That's Terrible News
- Will the Surprise Chevy Bolt Disrupt Tesla Motors?
- Amazon.com Is Right to Give Up on Smartphones
- Samsung Pay: Can It Beat Apple Pay?
- In the US, Just Two Companies Control Android
- Motorola's Moto X Pure Edition Is the Smartphone of the Future
- 3 Tech Stocks to Buy Now That We're After the Apple Watch Launch
- Why Universal Display Corporation Stock Dropped on Friday