Kerkor "Kirk" Kerkorian is the President of Tracinda Corporation, an activist investor and one of the world's wealthiest individuals.
Kerkorian's most recent notable investment was a failed one in General Motors. At one point he held nearly 10% of all of GM's stock. He also unsuccessfully bid for Chrysler twice, first in 1995 and most recently in 2007.
Related Fool Articles
- Kerkorian Takes GM Off-Road
- Kerkorian to GM: I'm Baaaaaaack!
- Kerkorian Kicks Ford to the Curb
- After the Bailout, Kerkorian Bails Out
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- You'll Never Guess Las Vegas' Caesars Entertainment's Latest Bad Idea
- Why MGM Resorts International's Shares Popped 11% Today
- How Wall Street Came to Dominate the Las Vegas Strip
- Las Vegas Mega Flops: 3 Casinos That Squandered Away Billions
- Review of MGM's Management
- Why Kirk Kerkorian Is Important to MGM Resorts