Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a diversified industrial manufacturer worldwide.
Johnson Controls is a leading manufacturer of auto parts. According to an article in the October 12, 2012, issue of the Wall Street Journal, Johnson Controls is the recipient of a US DOE grant for advanced batteries, presumably lithium batteries. The grant was $299.2MM. Their lithium battery plants are in Holland, MI and Lebanon, OR. In 2012, they acquired the auto parts business of A123 when A123 filed for bankruptcy. That deal included lithium battery plants in Romulus and Brownstown, MI.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Johnson Controls to Buy Majority of Hitachi AC Business
- Why More Upside Remains as Johnson Controls' Shares Surge
- Johnson Controls Announces $3 Billion Buyback Increase, and Treasury Will Exit General Motors Early
- Why Green Mountain, Johnson Controls, and Bon-Ton Stores Are Soaring Today
- A Strong Quarter and Future Potential: A Must-Watch Stock