Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a diversified industrial manufacturer worldwide.
Johnson Controls is a leading manufacturer of auto parts. According to an article in the October 12, 2012, issue of the Wall Street Journal, Johnson Controls is the recipient of a US DOE grant for advanced batteries, presumably lithium batteries. The grant was $299.2MM. Their lithium battery plants are in Holland, MI and Lebanon, OR. In 2012, they acquired the auto parts business of A123 when A123 filed for bankruptcy. That deal included lithium battery plants in Romulus and Brownstown, MI.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Johnson Controls Inc. Has Growth Potential
- Defense News Roundup: When the A/C Goes Out, the U.S. Army Calls a Contractor
- Johnson Controls, Inc. Grows Thanks To Strong Automotive Sales In China
- Johnson Controls the Big Winner as Pentagon Awards $719 Million in Defense Contracts
- Johnson Controls Inc. Earnings: Will Its Strategic Shift Help It Grow?