Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a diversified industrial manufacturer worldwide.
Johnson Controls is a leading manufacturer of auto parts. According to an article in the October 12, 2012, issue of the Wall Street Journal, Johnson Controls is the recipient of a US DOE grant for advanced batteries, presumably lithium batteries. The grant was $299.2MM. Their lithium battery plants are in Holland, MI and Lebanon, OR. In 2012, they acquired the auto parts business of A123 when A123 filed for bankruptcy. That deal included lithium battery plants in Romulus and Brownstown, MI.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Stock Trying to Lead the Dow Higher Today
- Ingersoll-Rand or Johnson Controls for 2014?
- Are These 3 Industrial Companies Giving Conservative Guidance?
- Why Juniper Networks, Pioneer Natural Resources, and Johnson Controls Are Today's 3 Worst Stocks
- Johnson Controls: Favorably Exposed to Upside in the Economy