Chanos is best known for his famous and public short of Enron. As a frequent critic of mark to market accouting, Chanos was drawn to look at Enron's finances in 2000 knowing that Enron used this method. Subsequently he gained significant media attention for his correct call.
Chanos's most remarkable accomplishment may have been keeping his short side only fund afloat during the 90's equities bull market. Currently his fund has approximately 4-6 billion in assets and keeps 40-60 short positions open at any time.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why I Bought Shares of SolarCity Corp Stock This Week
- Why SolarCity Corp's Shares Plunged, Then Popped, Today
- Oil Majors Falling Out Favor With This Hedge Fund Boss
- 3 Top Stocks to Invest in Growing Income Inequality
- Why Wall Street Hates Outerwall
- How Is Caterpillar (CAT) Stock Shaping Up for 2015?