J.M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) operates principally in one industry, the manufacturing and marketing of branded food products on a worldwide basis, although the majority of the Company's sales are in the United States.
- Products include: jams, jellies, and preserves, peanut butter, and ice cream toppings.
- Brands include: Smucker's, Jif, Crisco, Eagle Brand, R.W. Knudsen Family, Hungry Jack, White Lily, and Martha White in the United States; and Robin Hood, Five Roses, and Bick's in Canada.
The J.M. Smucker Company was founded in 1897 and went public in 1959. It remains headquartered in Orrville, Ohio. The J.M. Smucker Co. has a market cap of more than $5 billion as of today, June 10, 2009.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stocks Stay Flat as Keurig Green Mountain Inc. and J M Smucker Co Jump
- Surprise! Americans Are Most Loyal to This Packaged Coffee Brand (Hint: It's Not Starbucks!)
- Why J.M. Smucker is Spending $3.2 Billion to Feed Your Pet
- 2 Simple Steps To Finding Top Dividend Stocks That Beat the Stock Market
- It's Time to Part Ways With This Food Titan