An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Intel Corporation vs. Qualcomm Inc.: Let the Drone Wars Begin!
- Rumors of Facebook, Inc.'s Decline Are Greatly Exaggerated
- U.S. Mega Banks Look Downright Tiny Compared to the Chinese Competition
- Can TrueCar Keep Rolling in the Right Direction?
- Why I Wouldn't Short Berkshire Hathaway
- Check Your Verizon Bill for This Mistake