An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Investors Steer Clear of Arista Networks?
- Why Vale, Lululemon Athletica, and Allegiant Travel Slumped Today
- Battle of the Billionaires: How Jeff Bezos and Blue Origin Just Trumped Elon Musk's SpaceX
- Better Buy: Zendesk Inc or Salesforce.com Inc?
- Where Will Peabody Energy Be in 10 Years?
- Does Costco Have a Chipotle Mexican Grill Problem?