An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things Working Against Keurig 2.0 Brewers
- Third Quarter Lines Up Nicely for Align Technology, Inc.
- 5 Things Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Just Told Investors
- Arctic Cat Inc. Earnings: Skidding but Not Quite Stuck
- 3 Top Stocks To Buy Near 52 Week Lows
- Carter?s Inc. Takes Care of Business and Beats on Earnings