An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Reasons Why It's So Hard to Save for Retirement
- Is Pricewaterhouse Coopers One of the Best Companies in America?
- Is Starbucks One of the Best Companies in America?
- Is Walmart One of the Best Companies in America?
- 3 Reasons Why Windstream Holdings Inc.'s Stock Could Fall
- Defense News Roundup: "Military Intelligence" Costs $7.2 Billion