An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Plug Power, Bridgepoint Education, and Nuverra Environmental Solutions Plunged Today
- Will This Huge Recall Sink General Motors' Stock?
- Why Salesforce.com May Be a House of Cards
- Congress Asked to Approve $100 Million Military Package for Pakistan
- Why Did This $73 Billion Hedge Fund Company Buy Zynga?
- This Big-Name Investor Has Been Buying BP, Anadarko, and Take Two Interactive