An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Top Stocks To Buy Near 52 Week Lows
- Carter?s Inc. Takes Care of Business and Beats on Earnings
- NXP Semconductors NV Keeps Delivering for its Long-Term Shareholders
- Why Shares of Infinera Corp. Had Their Fifth-Best Day of All Time Today
- Sprint vs. T-Mobile: Who Is Winning the Most Customers?
- 1 Little-Known Advantage Most Investors Miss