An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Nintendo Co. Opted Out of Partnerships With EA and Activision and Damaged Its Gaming Empire
- 1 Thing Ever Citigroup Inc Investor Will Love To Hear
- Obamacare Expands: What You Need to Know
- U.S. Automakers Are Coming Back to Life in Europe
- Are Upgraded Mannequins Really the Answer?
- These States Have No Income Tax