An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Big Is This Risk for Isis Pharmaceuticals, inc. Stock?
- Last Week's 5 Dumbest Stock Moves
- Can Either of These Shippers Make You Rich?
- Could Activision Blizzard?s ?Destiny? Be the Biggest Game of 2014?
- Why Revenues at This Energy Company Could Skyrocket
- Q2 Earnings Preview: Enterprise Products Partners