An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why TubeMogul Inc. Stock Skyrocketed
- Apple, Inc.'s iPad Pro Launch Could Be Closer Than You Think
- Why This Emerging Trend Could Boost lululemon athletica's Sales
- Movies About Sports Don't Play Well at the Box Office. Time to Rethink the Genre?
- 5 Things Las Vegas Sands Management Wants You to Know
- Should Sony Be Scared of Microsoft's Next-Generation Gaming Platform?