An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger Decision Pushed Back to Mid-2015; Does This Kill the Deal?
- Why Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp. Shares Cratered
- Mark Zuckerberg at F8: 3 Innovations Facebook Inc Is Working On
- Why E Commerce China Dangdang Inc (ADR) Stock Popped Today
- 3 Reasons Self-Storage REITs Are Great Dividend Stocks
- Why Real Estate Could Have a Great Summer