An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Boeing 787 and Airbus A350: A Tale of Two Planes
- 5 States Where Boomers Get More for Their Retirement Dollars
- 1 Place Where Veterans Can Find Work in the Oil Field
- Is This Student Loan Debt Collection Tactic Out of Control?
- Is Medical Marijuana the Answer to Lowering Healthcare Costs?
- Why Unemployment Rates in These 5 States Could Soar Next Year