An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple, Inc. MacBook Air Revealed: Competitor Talks Key Retina MacBook Air Detail
- Amazon.com Inc. Yanks Amazon Wallet and Elements Diapers; Investors Ought to Cheer
- Working Longer Than Expected Is New Normal for Americans
- 5 Things Johnson Controls Inc. Management Wants You to Know About 2015
- Wind Turbines: Is U.S. Offshore Wind Dead Before It Begins?
- Halliburton Company Gives a Clue on When the Oil Market Might Turn