An investment firm or investment house is a business that engages in investing or investing services as a major business. Some are brokers but others specialize in behind the scenes, i.e., back office services. Bond trading, research, portfolio management and making a market in over the counter securities are typical functions.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Netflix Inc.: Carl Icahn Is Selling Netflix Stock. Should You Follow?
- Williams Companies Earnings: Does This Spell Trouble for Investors?
- Is It Time to Buy iRobot Corporation's Stock?
- 3 Reasons Why Prudential Financial Inc's Stock Could Rise
- 3 Tech Companies With Surprisingly Strong Dividends
- 3 Reasons The Boeing Company's Stock Could Rise