An investment firm or investment house is a business that engages in investing or investing services as a major business. Some are brokers but others specialize in behind the scenes, i.e., back office services. Bond trading, research, portfolio management and making a market in over the counter securities are typical functions.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Seadrill Ltd. Earnings: Here's What You Need To Know
- Investors Are Overreacting to Republic Airways Holdings Inc. Earnings
- Priceline Group's Tiny Acquisition Could Make a Huge Difference
- Why Now Is the Time to Buy Kinder Morgan
- Consumer Reports: Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Model S Is Top Vehicle Pick... Again
- Following 2 Upgrades and 2 Price Target Hikes, Is First Solar, Inc. a Buy?