An investment firm or investment house is a business that engages in investing or investing services as a major business. Some are brokers but others specialize in behind the scenes, i.e., back office services. Bond trading, research, portfolio management and making a market in over the counter securities are typical functions.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Buys Topsy, Makes Play For Twitter?s Firehose of Data
- The 1 Thing That Saved BB&T in 2013
- Can an Accessories-focused Jones Group Catch the Michael Kors' Freight Train?
- Is This Really a Sign of Good Times for HP?
- These Two Hot Mobile Plays Are Headed in Opposite Directions
- 3 Companies Boosting Earnings With Debt