An investment firm or investment house is a business that engages in investing or investing services as a major business. Some are brokers but others specialize in behind the scenes, i.e., back office services. Bond trading, research, portfolio management and making a market in over the counter securities are typical functions.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Financial Literacy Grab Bag: 13Fs, a Terrible Short, and a Test
- Qualcomm Inc and IBM Love This Company, but Should You?
- Is Advance Auto Parts the Value Pick in Its Sector?
- Why Shares of BofI Holding Jumped 14% on Monday
- Better Buy Now: Baidu Inc or Qihoo 360 Inc?
- 5 Things Dominion Resources Inc. Wants You to Know