The bond yield curve tends to flatten at longer maturities. Hence, short bonds are highly sensitive to maturity. Intermediate bonds still change significantly. Often long bonds are relatively insensitive to maturity.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Much Should You Pay for Financial Advice?
- Meet the Founder of a Trillion-Dollar Mutual Fund
- Why the Dow Jones Today is Down Nearly 200 Points
- AT&T and Verizon Drag On the Dow; Can Sprint and T-Mobile Really Win?
- Dow Closes Up 62; Is the Bond Market Rally Over?
- Here's What the Managers of the $6 Billion TIAA-CREF Trust Have Been Buying