The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can You Succeed Investing in Japan?
- The Best Healthcare Stocks of 2014: Which Is Our Favorite for 2015?
- The Debt Secrets Every Kid Should Know
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Can Facebook Inc's Instagram Leverage Its Advantages Over Twitter Inc Into More Revenue?
- Will CarMax Keep Putting the Growth Pedal to the Metal?