The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Hovnanian Earnings Outpace Beazer Homes and Standard Pacific?
- Will This FIFA Stadium Collapse Delay Advanced Biofuels?
- Opportunities and Challenges Facing Shell?s Canada LNG Project
- 3 Reasons Google Should Embrace the iBeacon
- The 50 Best Mid-Size Places to Work in 2014
- ARM Holdings: Great Business, But Estimates Seem Frothy