The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Mortgage Interest Rates: Why You Get Offered the Worst Ones
- Nissan?s Infiniti Gets Into the Act in the Booming U.S. Luxury Car Market
- Why Two Harbors Investment Corp Isn't Scared of Higher Interest Rates
- LINN Energy LLC Should Open Up Its Checkbook and Buy These Assets
- How Does Apollo Investment Corporation Make Money?
- Are These the Best 3 Energy Growth Stocks in America?