The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Your Dividend Stocks Could Be Riskier Than You Think
- Single and Childless? You May Still Need Life Insurance
- Why Ford's CEO Thinks America's Fuel-Economy Rules Might Need Changes
- 3 Ways to Pay Off Your Debt the Right Way
- Did Researchers Just Discover the Cause of Pancreatic Cancer?
- The Most Expensive 30 Seconds on TV -- Cost of a Super Bowl Ad Keeps Going Up