The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Convertible Bonds: What Investors Need to Know
- The Best Electric Car May Be the Best Car Ever Built
- Best Stocks to Buy: How This Powerful Brand's Little-Known Stock Outperforms Its Peers
- The Best Gold ETFs to Profit From a Rebound in Gold
- The True Magic of the 16GB Apple Inc. iPhone 6s
- Demand for Ads During Live Sports Keeps Growing, and That's Good News for The Walt Disney Co.