The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Smart Money Strategies From Around the World
- Why Isn't Fitbit Jumping On Apple Inc.'s HealthKit Bandwagon?
- 5 Banking Fees That Are Actually Worth Paying
- Apple Inc. Earnings Preview: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Are the Stars of the Show
- 1 Way to Spot Great Investments That Nobody Else Sees
- Warren Buffett Made 2 Bold Predictions Last Week That May Surprise You