The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Just In: Upgrades and Downgrades
- 3 Things Avago Technologies Ltd. Management Wants You to Know
- Safe Stocks Yielding 5% (or More) Do Exist -- Here Are 5 of Them
- Do Eli Lilly and Biogen Have Alzheimer's All Wrong? Anavex Life Sciences Thinks So.
- 5 Things Continental Resources Inc. Wants You to Know
- How Much Money Can I Withdraw From My IRA Monthly?