The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Surprising Ways Intel Is Merging Technology With Healthcare
- 5 Steps to Winning the Refinance Race
- 1 Big Investing Mistake Many Millennials Are Making
- Is Internet Banking the Best Choice for You?
- Why Energy Transfer Partners LP Stock Is Going Nowhere in 2014
- What You Need to Know About Credit Card Rates