The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Costco and Staples Fall on Earnings, Safeway Goes Private
- This 149-Bagger Has Been Selling Chimera, Fusion-io, and SanDisk
- Can You Profit From World Cup Woes?
- Is Parker-Hannifin Corporation a Dividend Beast, Backslider, or Bust?
- Fool's Gold Report: Metals Climb Following ECB Pause, Dollar Decline
- This $77 Billion Hedge Fund Company Has Been Selling Micron, LSI, and Regions Financial