The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Copart, Inc. Reports Sales and Margins Down, but Profits Up
- Will These Efforts Help Google Inc. Right the Ship in Mobile?
- Big Oil Stocks: 3 Risks ExxonMobil Shareholders Need to Know About
- 10 Immediate Steps to Start Planning for Retirement in Your 40s
- Google Inc's New Twitter Feature Is a Win-Win
- Oil Stocks: 3 Reasons Calumet Specialty Products Partners' Dividend Is Safe for Now