An insurance agent is the representative for an insurer. He may be an independent agent representing the products of a collection of insurance companies, or he may be a dedicated agent who represents a single company. Some agents specialize in selling certain kinds of policies such as life insurance, or annuities sold to individuals, or various kinds of insurance sold to small businesses or corporations. An agent usually works for an agency.
Increasingly insurance products are being sold over the internet or by advertizing requesting a client call an agent by 800 number. The insurance agent could be an endangered species.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 20 Undesirable ?Neighbors? You Don?t Want Living Next Door to You
- 7 Things Your Kids Should Know When They Take a Car To College
- The 5 Safest Choices for 10 Important Decisions
- 4 Ways to Save Money on Your Next House
- 6 Ways to Save on Home Closing Costs
- Why First American Financial is an Undervalued Niche Insurance Player