Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tech News: IBM and NVIDIA Will Power the World's Fastest Supercomputer
- Solar is Disrupting the $2 Trillion Energy Industry: This CEO Tells You How
- Kinder Morgan's Merger Will Keep its Dividend Safe For Years to Come
- Busting the Cord Cutting Myth
- Unions: Good or Bad?
- The Obamacare Failure No One's Talking About