Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is Managed Care?
- Williams Companies' Megamerger Finally Official: What Dividend Investors Need to Know
- What the Model X Tells Us About Tesla Motors' Strengths and Weaknesses
- Fighting to Survive: Las Vegas May Be the Model for Sustainability in America
- Is Philip Morris International Facing an Industry Civil War?
- Why SunEdison Inc's Shares Plunged 33% in September