Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's the Reason Apple Inc. Will Charge More for the iPhone 6
- Will Sony Ever Release Another PlayStation Handheld?
- Choosing a Self-Employed Retirement Plan
- These States Have No Income Tax
- Is Monsanto Company Wrong About Pest Resistance?
- Wal-Mart Stakes Its Claim in the Organic Marketplace. Should You Buy?