Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Must-Watch Interview for ExOne Co. Investors
- Williams Companies' $13.8 Billion Kinder Style Merger: 3 Things Dividend Investors Need to Know
- The Best Credit Card for Students Depends on Which Features Are Needed
- Oil Dividend Stocks: 3 Facts All Frack Sand Investors Need to Know
- CASE Credit Union: What You Need to Know
- Elizabeth Warren Is Worried About Annuities: Should You Be, Too?