Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Long-Term Capital Gains: Is It Worth It to Wait?
- 5 Things Ford Motor Company's Management Wants You to Know
- Return to the Arctic: Shell Looks Set to Take Another Run
- 3 Ways AT&T's DIRECTV Buyout Might Fail
- How an Amazon Ad Network Could Threaten Google's Ad Dominance
- 4 Banking Terms Every First-Time Homebuyer Should Know