Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is CBS Thinking With Its $6-a-Month Channel?
- Why Microsoft Corporation's Windows Phone Strategy Will Pay Off
- Will Google's Nexus Android Gaming Console Flop?
- FMC Technologies Boosts Its Profits, But Investors Still Want More
- Will Lenovo?s Yoga Tablet 2 Pro Kill Apple?s iPad Air 2?
- HBO Streaming Service Coming in 2015: A Deathblow for Cable?