Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple, Inc. Stock Could Deliver Big Gains in 2016. Here's Why.
- The Well-Placed Aggression of Starbucks Corporation
- No Employer? No Problem: Retirement Plans for the Self-Employed
- Is Energy Transfer Partners' Sky High Distribution Yield A Bad Omen?
- Ford F-150 Sales Finally Take Off
- When Is the Marginal Cost Horizontal?