Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Realty Income Corp's Business Model Explained in 6 Easy Steps
- Toyota Bets Against Tesla With New Hydrogen Car
- National Marijuana Legalization: How Much Tax Revenue Could It Bring In?
- Urban Outfitters Needs a Board and Compensation Change
- Two Social Trends That Facebook, Inc. Fears
- Putting the Squeeze on Putin