Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Homebuilders' Recovery Means Recovery in Their CEOs' Pay
- Have Hawaii and New York Reached the Solar Tipping Point?
- Why First Solar Stock Is Ready to Explode
- How 3D Printing's Adoption Rate Could Accelerate Due to This New Partnership
- 5 Things Transocean LTD Management Wants You to Know
- This High-Yield Energy Opportunity Has Plenty of Room to Run