Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Apple Inc. Wants an OLED iPhone By 2018
- How You Can Ditch Comcast, Time Warner, and Big Cable for Internet Service
- Why Nissan Motor Co.'s 2016 Sentra Is a Bad Sign for the Competition
- 2 Key Takeaways From General Motors? Sales Report
- 8 Charts to Celebrate the iPhone's 8th Birthday
- Was Williams Companies Right to Reject a $53 Billion Buyout Offer?