IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hewlett-Packard Increases Whitman's Base Salary From $1 to $1.5 Million
- These 5 States Are Obamacare's Biggest Roadblocks Thus Far
- Can Oracle Beat IBM and Cisco Systems in the Clash of Tech Titans?
- What Can Investors Expect From Oracle's Earnings?
- China's 4G Race
- Identity Theft = $24.7 Billion in Financial Losses Last Year