IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Turn Hillary Clinton's "Shadow IT" Habits into Opportunity
- Tom Gardner Interviews Proto Labs CEO Vicki Holt
- Apple and the Dow, Together at Last
- Should You Be Footing The Bill For These Profitable Businesses?
- Exclusive: Data Centers Evolve To Support the Internet of Things -- And More
- Wow! The IRS Will Pay Out This Much in Fraudulent Tax Refunds By 2016