IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Top Stocks for Investing in Silicon Valley
- 3 Things Investors Should Know About Business Infrastructure Solutions
- Is Massachusetts' Medical Marijuana Industry Going Up in Smoke?
- Quality Systems Soars as Earnings Double
- 3 Undervalued Stocks in Tech Worth Buying
- Cvent Picks Up Steam But Sees Profit Worries Ahead