IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Shares of TrueCar Rebound 12% Higher Today After Plunging to a New 52-Week Low
- Apple Inc?s Mac Success Is Something of a Surprise
- Stocks to Watch in IT Services: Infosys, IBM, and Accenture
- Hewlett-Packard Company Reveals More Spinoff Detail (But Investors Still Need to Know Even More)
- Cisco Systems Inc.: Spending $635 Million to Join the Best Internet of Things Stocks
- Why Wayfair Inc's Future Looks Bright