IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wow! The IRS Will Pay Out This Much in Fraudulent Tax Refunds By 2016
- Could Cisco Systems, Inc. Shares Actually Hit $36?
- You'll Never Guess Which Technology Company Has the Best Reputation (Hint: It's Not Apple)
- Why Shares of Luxoft Holding Inc. Took Off
- Why Shares of ePlus Inc. Went Crazy Today
- 3 Reasons "Earnings Season" Might Be Investors' 2 Most-Feared Words in 2015