IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Revenue Up 27%: Time to Buy Athenahealth Stock?
- Seagate Technology PLC Delivers Solid Q4 Report; Shares Fall 1.5%
- Raytheon, IBM, 8 Other Companies to Split Up to $960 Million Pentagon IT Project
- Apple, Blackberry, and Nokia, Are Fighting For Share in This Booming Smartphone Market
- Could the Affordable Care Act Improve the U.S.' Failing Health-Care Grade?
- Could Earnings Prove Consumer Goods Pessimists Wrong?