IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd's Earnings Were Stronger Than You Think
- Check Point Systems Inc.'s Earnings Were Stronger Than You Think
- What Google's Android 5.0 Lollipop Means For Mobile Enterprise
- Why Cisco Systems Inc.'s Buybacks and Dividends Are Not Enough
- Is Pandora Media's Stock a Buy Right Now?
- After Apple Stock Surged 20% in 2014, Are Shares Still a Buy?