IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is 2015 The Year Voice Assistants Take Over Your Home?
- Quality Systems' System Sales Return to Growth
- 3 Cheap Dividend Stocks You Can Buy Right Now
- Analyst Notes: How Can IBM Be On the Right Track After a Terrible 2014?
- Are Buyouts Good for Employees?
- Believe It or Not, Boeing's Super-Secure Android Smartphone Comes With the Best of BlackBerry