The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Fed's Janet Yellen Could Be Annaly Capital Management's Best Friend
- This Week's 5 Dumbest Stock Moves
- Mortgage Rates Decline; 30-Year Rate Averages 4.27%
- Thursday's Top News Headlines
- 3 Critical Numbers From Bank of America's Earnings Release
- Why Zogenix, ImmunoGen, and voxeljet Are Today's 3 Best Stocks