The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Debilitating Drachma-tic Descent of Greece
- Wells Fargo's Mortgage Business Is Getting Even Bigger
- The Average American Is Becoming More Financially Fragile. Here's How You Could Fix That
- 5 Ways to Slash Your Tax Liability in Retirement
- Exotic Mortgage Loans Are Making a Comeback: Should We Be Worried?
- 3 Things Wells Fargo Wants You to Know