The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Financial Tools for Foreigners Visiting the U.S.
- Why the Next Mortgage Crisis Could Come Sooner Than You Think
- How to Get Rich Off Real Estate Like Warren Buffett
- How Lazy Investors Can Get Rich Buying Boring Banks
- Prospect Capital's Huge Dividend Opportunity, but You Have to Act Now
- The Biggest Winners Since the Bull Market Began