The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Investors Should Consider New Residential Investment Corp.'s Huge Dividend Yield
- 6 Huge Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for a Mortgage Loan
- 7 Simple Ways You Can Quickly Repair Your Credit Score
- The Sad 6: States With the Worst Housing Markets
- 3 Reasons Investors Should Avoid This High-Yield Dividend Stock
- Don't Be Afraid to Get a Mortgage