The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Top REIT Dividend Stocks to Buy in October
- Why These 4 Personal Finance Myths Perpetuate Money Problems
- Is It Time to Buy Genworth Financial's Stock?
- Better Dividend Stock: ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc. or Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc.?
- Maximize Your Savings With a Rising Interest-Rate Strategy
- You Can Learn How to Make Money Investing: Just Do It!