The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- How Risky Is Annaly Capital Management, Inc. Really?
- Why Haven't More Wall Street CEOs Gone to Jail Since the Financial Crisis?
- 3 Stocks to Buy if the Fed Raises Rates in 2015
- 3 Cheap Dividend Stocks You Can Buy Right Now
- Why You Need to Start Treating Your Debt Like an Emergency