The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Behind the Curtain: SolarCity May Not Be the Rockstar It Claims to Be
- 3 Companies with Better Dividends than Prospect Capital Corporation
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Annaly Capital Management, inc. Reports Solid Q4 and Full-Year 2014 Results
- 2 Trends that Could Make or Break the Bank Industry in 2015
- 3 Stocks to Buy With Dividends Yielding More Than 7%