The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Bank Stocks All Retirees Should Consider Owning
- What Is a Mortgage Broker, and Should You Use One?
- 10 Infamous "Last Words" of Personal Finance
- 11 Things Investors Can Be Thankful for on Thanksgiving Day
- The 7 Most Popular Gift Cards This Holiday Season, and 3 Big Surprises
- If You're in Your 60s, Consider Buying These 3 Stocks