The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is There a Hidden Danger in Viacom's $7 Billion Stock Buyback Plan?
- 20 Stocks With Monthly Dividends: ARMOUR Residential REIT
- Why "Set It and Forget It" Doesn?t Work for Retirement Savings
- Should Investors Follow Zillow Inc. Insiders and Cash Out?
- How Vacations Can Mess With Your Credit
- The 3 Best CEOs in Banking