The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund Could Fall
- 3 Reasons PNC Financial Services Group Stock Could Fall
- 3 Top Dividend Stocks with Huge Yields
- Better Dividend Stock: Annaly Capital Management, inc. VS. Realty Income Corp
- A Good Credit Score Might Get Easier to Attain, but Is This a Good Thing?
- Top Reasons Millennials Shouldn?t Buy a Home ? Yet