The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks With an Unsustainable Dividend Payout Ratio
- 10 Immediate Steps to Start Planning for Retirement in Your 40s
- What Is Gross Pay, and How Is It Different From Your Salary or Net Pay?
- The Best Business Model for Banks
- 3 Things You Should Put Off Until Your Retirement Is on Track
- 5 Things You Didn?t Know About FHA Mortgage Rates