MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are Apple Shares Still a Buy After Its Earnings Blowout?
- Get Ready for E-Cigarettes to Light a Fire
- 3 Stocks Near 52-Week Highs Worth Selling
- Here's Why Apple Inc. Is a Great Value Play
- It's High Time to Buy Michael Kors
- Why China Has Less of an Effect on the Fortunes of DryShips and Navios Maritime Partners Than Imagin