Analysts and investors talk a lot about a company's guidance, which is the forecast companies give for how things such as earnings and sales will be in the future.
Strong guidance that predicts, for instance, a substantial boost in sales is seen as a good sign. Also, if a company is "guiding" for $0.45 a share in earnings and ends up with $0.48, that's a good sign that can push the stock higher. Coming in with results below guidance can push a stock lower as investors think something went wrong.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are Biosimilars the Next Big Thing in Biotech?
- Why the Market Flunked DeVry Education Group Inc Today
- Why Gigamon Inc's Shares Went Wild Today
- Why The Spectranetics Corporation Shares Burst Today
- Why Shares of Ubiquiti Networks Inc. Dropped on Friday
- Why Shares of Maxim Integrated Products Inc. Fell Today