Analysts and investors talk a lot about a company's guidance, which is the forecast companies give for how things such as earnings and sales will be in the future.
Strong guidance that predicts, for instance, a substantial boost in sales is seen as a good sign. Also, if a company is "guiding" for $0.45 a share in earnings and ends up with $0.48, that's a good sign that can push the stock higher. Coming in with results below guidance can push a stock lower as investors think something went wrong.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Qualcomm, Inc. Is Still a Long-Term Buy
- Why Amazon.com and Pandora Media Will Fall Tomorrow
- Why Amazon.com and Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. Are Getting Crushed After Hours
- China Puts the Hurt on Qualcomm, Inc.
- Why Electronic Arts Fell After Posting a Great Quarter
- Why Life Time Fitness, Inc. Stock Looked Weak Today