Analysts and investors talk a lot about a company's guidance, which is the forecast companies give for how things such as earnings and sales will be in the future.
Strong guidance that predicts, for instance, a substantial boost in sales is seen as a good sign. Also, if a company is "guiding" for $0.45 a share in earnings and ends up with $0.48, that's a good sign that can push the stock higher. Coming in with results below guidance can push a stock lower as investors think something went wrong.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What to Watch in the First Quarter for CONSOL Energy and Rhino Resource Partners
- Apple Inc's iPhone Beat Is Good for Cirrus Logic's Upcoming Earnings
- Earnings Roundup: Biogen's Tecfidera Wins More Share
- Surging Oil and Gas Production Fuels Earnings Beat for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- No Miracles From Arch Coal Inc in the First Quarter
- Today's Top Health Care Stocks to Watch: AstraZeneca plc, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Celgene Corporati