Analysts and investors talk a lot about a company's guidance, which is the forecast companies give for how things such as earnings and sales will be in the future.
Strong guidance that predicts, for instance, a substantial boost in sales is seen as a good sign. Also, if a company is "guiding" for $0.45 a share in earnings and ends up with $0.48, that's a good sign that can push the stock higher. Coming in with results below guidance can push a stock lower as investors think something went wrong.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why AeroVironment, Inc. Stock Popped Today
- How to Cash In on the Best Stocks in Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Container Store Needs to Clean Up Its Act
- Why CalAmp Corp. Stock Popped Today
- E3 2015: What Electronic Arts Inc. Wants You to Know
- Here?s Why Peabody Energy Corporation? Stock is Crashing 28% Today