Analysts and investors talk a lot about a company's guidance, which is the forecast companies give for how things such as earnings and sales will be in the future.
Strong guidance that predicts, for instance, a substantial boost in sales is seen as a good sign. Also, if a company is "guiding" for $0.45 a share in earnings and ends up with $0.48, that's a good sign that can push the stock higher. Coming in with results below guidance can push a stock lower as investors think something went wrong.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Shockingly This Company Ousted Apple as This Year's Brand Loyalty Leader
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Is as Fit as a Butcher's Dog
- Trex Co. Inc. Earnings: 3 Things to Look For
- Read This Before Buying GoPro Stock
- United Parcel Service Inc. Reports Earnings: The Key Number You Need to Follow
- Why NetSuite Inc Shares Took Off