Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Colony Financial Inc.: Is It Time to Buy This Dividend Stock?
- Strange Financial Advice
- Borrowing Against a 401(k) Is Never a Good Idea
- Will Baby Boomers Sink the Economy and Your Portfolio?
- The 4-Letter Word That Can Make or Break Your Retirement
- Peter Thiel: When the Next Bubble Bursts, "Risky" Stocks Like Tesla Could be the Best Bet