Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Does the Crisis In Ukraine Have to Do With Mortgage Rates in America?
- When China Sneezes, Will DryShips, Navios Maritime Holdings, and Diana Shipping Catch a Cold?
- How Would New Greek Debt Affect Greek Stocks?
- 1 Stock Warren Buffett and Michael Lewis Think You Should Own
- China's Days of "Stealing" the World's Oil and Gas Are Numbered
- We're in Trouble if 72% of Investors Are Getting This Basic Finance Question Wrong