Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Happens to Your Social Security if the Trust Funds Empty?
- Self Employed? Here Are 3 Great Options to Save for Your Retirement
- 25 Major Factors That Caused or Contributed to the Financial Crisis
- Retirement and Risk: The Difference Between Tolerance and Capacity
- 3 Stocks Pre-Retirees Can Buy and Hold for the Next 20 Years
- 3 Key Retirement Income Stats: How Do You Measure Up?