Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Reasons the Stock Market Could Head Lower (and Why That Shouldn't Matter)
- How Much Investment Risk Should You Take?
- Here's What the Managers of the $9 Billion TIAA-CREF Trust Have Been Selling
- Best Investment Companies: Things You Need to Know Before Picking
- Statistics Show What Retirement Is Really Like -- and Why We're Not Ready
- 10 Best States and Cities for Tax-Free Bonds