Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Investments You Can Make Completely Tax Free
- How to Become a Millionaire, With a Roth IRA
- 3 Investments That Could Lose You Lots of Money
- Celebrate Tax Day With These 3 Smart Money Moves
- The SIMPLE IRA: A Retirement Savings Solution for the Self-Employed
- Should the Social Security Trust Fund Change Its Investments?