- When a broker on Wall Street wins a new client with a big investment account, the broker sometimes will shout "Gekko!".
- A gekko is a small lizard found in the tropics. An animated version acts as advertising spokeslizard for Geico (gekko, Geico, get it?), a subsidiary of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway.
Gekko comes from Gordon Gekko, a fictional character from the 1987 movie Wall Street, played by actor Michael Douglas.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Citigroup, Accenture, and Windstream Corporation Are Today?s 3 Worst Stocks
- Amazon's Price Hike Helps Google and Comcast
- The 2.5 Billion Customer Opportunity for Visa and MasterCard
- Today's 3 Worst Stocks in the S&P 500
- This Is the Real Danger of the Irrational Exuberance Surrounding Bitcoins
- The Dow's Big Day and the Death of Drexel