Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Dunkin' Brands Group May Not Stand a Chance Against Starbucks
- Social Security: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
- 1 Critical Way Alphabet Inc's Self-Driving Cars Will Mirror Apple Inc.'s Project Titan
- What Does FICO Stand for?
- Here's Why It's So Easy to Manipulate Ordinary Investors
- Apple Inc?s iOS 9 Ad Blocking: Winners and Losers