Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Mortgage Lenders Need to Know About Your Money
- Here Are 3 Reasons Why Hasbro Actually Performed Well So Far This Year
- Two Social Trends That Facebook, Inc. Fears
- Value Investing Explained in 7 Quotes
- H&M Billionaire's Best Business Insights
- Why General Electric Company?s Q2 Is a Big Win for Its CEO