Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 ETFs the Smartest Investors Are Buying
- Did You Apply for Social Security Too Early? Here Are Two Things You Can Do About It
- Sturm, Ruger Sales, Profits, and Stock All Sink
- TechBUZZ: RelishMBA Brings Grad Students and Employers Together
- Protect Yourself From Gas Prices Rising -- With Insurance!
- Start Planning Today With "My Social Security"