Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Wal-Mart Could Change the Landscape of American Banking
- 3 Things to Watch When Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. Reports
- ImmunoGen, Inc. Pushes Forward
- Social Security in 2015: 5 Things to Prepare For Next Year
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust Earnings: Strong Travel Trends Yield High-End Results
- Third Quarter Lines Up Nicely for Align Technology, Inc.