Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The News That Rocked Investors in Eagle Rock Energy Partners L.P.
- The World's Best Dividend Portfolio
- Amyris Is Giving the "Hippie Perfume Molecule" a Synthetic Biology Makeover
- The Easy Way to Collect a Monthly Paycheck from America?s Energy Boom
- Better Buy: SandRidge Energy Inc. or SandRidge Mississippian Trust II
- What to Watch in the First Quarter for CONSOL Energy and Rhino Resource Partners