Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Domino's Pizza's Spectacular Earnings Sent Its Shares Higher, Do They Have More Room to Run?
- Why The Boeing Co.'s Earnings Soared, but Its Stock Price Stalled
- The World's Best Dividend Portfolio
- 7 Things to Know About Your Brokerage Account
- I?m Buying More NorthStar Realty Finance
- The 1 Thing to Watch at the Dividend Giant Growing in Size and Safety