Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Financial Moves to Make Before Year's End
- Just What Does a 6-Figure Salary Get You?
- Should a Roth IRA Conversion Be a Part of Your Year-End Planning?
- Alaska Air Group, Inc. Pulls Another Revenue Lever
- Do These Industrial Giants Have a Clean Bill of Financial Health?
- 10 Best and Worst Deals at Home Depot