Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- G2E 2014: Why Las Vegas Sands' Sheldon Adelson is Fighting Online Gaming
- 1 More Advantage Apple Pay Has Over The Competition
- 3 Stocks I'll Buy if the Market Crashes
- 6 Common Application and Screening Mistakes Property Managers Make
- The Best Credit Cards for Your Holiday Shopping
- 3 Social Security Myths You Can't Afford to Believe