Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can DisneyLife Take on Netflix and Win Over Kids?
- Better IPO: Square Inc or Match Group?
- 15 Mortgage Questions and Answers for First-Time Homebuyers
- What to Expect From Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, and More on Cyber Monday
- Everything Shoppers Need to Know for Black Friday
- The Long-Term Risk in McDonald's Turnaround Plan