Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Risky Is Annaly Capital Management, Inc. Really?
- Don't Be Fooled by the New FHA Mortgage Insurance Premiums
- How the Housing Market Could Affect Stocks in 2015
- Why 2015 Could Be the Best Year Yet to Buy a House
- Wells Fargo & Co.'s Fourth-Quarter Earnings Prove Once Again That Boring Banking is Better Banking
- Selling Stocks to Buy a House