Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Bank of America About to Announce Another Multibillion-Dollar Settlement?
- How These 2 Monster Dividend Stocks Work
- What Does the Crisis In Ukraine Have to Do With Mortgage Rates in America?
- Is It Time to Bring Back the Homebuyer Tax Credit?
- Mortgage Rates In Broad-Based Decline
- What Does Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's Massive Windfall Mean to You?