Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Companies With Political Risks and Major Upside
- Weak Jobs Market Helps Pull Mortgage Rates Down
- The Battle For Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Continues
- Could Fannie and Freddie Shares Soon Come Back to a Major Exchange?
- Fannie and Freddie: How High Can They Soar?
- 4 Reasons Why Warren Buffett Would Sell a Stock