Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Reasons Buying a Home Now Is a Smart Move
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Have Now Paid Taxpayers $239 Billion, but What About Their Investors?
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Shareholders Just Got Some Good News
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?
- Will BofI Holding Deposit Another Big Quarter?
- Bank of America?s Breakout Quarter