MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
In 2014 Momentive Specialty Chemicals announced plans to build two formaldehyde plants in Louisiana that will supply BASF and Huntsman plants. The plants make MDI, a common isocyanate. The formaldehyde will be supplied by pipeline. Momentive claims to be the world's largest producer of formaldehyde.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Investors Need to Know About the Bojangles' IPO
- Expedia Inc Earnings: Flying High With Acquisitions
- Why BreitBurn Energy Partners LP Could Be About to Report a Huge Loss
- 3 Types of Risk Facing Bank Stocks
- Fidelity Growth Company Fund: What You Need to Know
- May the Fourth Be With You: Disney's "Force Awakens" Merchandise Coming Sept. 4