MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
In 2014 Momentive Specialty Chemicals announced plans to build two formaldehyde plants in Louisiana that will supply BASF and Huntsman plants. The plants make MDI, a common isocyanate. The formaldehyde will be supplied by pipeline. Momentive claims to be the world's largest producer of formaldehyde.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Real Reason Obamacare May Not Be Affordable After All
- Will Medical Marijuana Ever Be Covered By Medicare?
- The Average American's Savings Account Isn't Earning Enough Annually to Buy a Latte
- Social Security: 3 Lessons America Learned From the File-and-Suspend Fiasco
- Better Buy Now: Dunkin Brands Group Inc or Krispy Kreme Doughnuts?
- The Difference Between a Restricted Stock Unit and a Restricted Stock Award