A first mover is a company that gains an advantageous position by being the first to establish itself in a given market.
Companies that move first revolutionize their industries and the lives of customers by featuring products or services that reflect a new solution to old problems. These companies often hit the public markets fairly early with high valuations and high expectations that scare off most investors. But first-movers have an advantage in visionary leaders and founders who saw through the problem in the first place and moved first to create their dynamic solutions.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Biogen Stock's Tecfidera Embarrasses Wall Street
- Cheniere Energy Might Not Be the Best Way to Play LNG Exports
- Horizontal Drilling Is Heading Out to Sea
- Streaming Video Is Changing: Here Are 3 Reasons to Bet on Netflix
- Can NVIDIA Outsmart Intel in High-Performance Computing?
- eHealth, inc. Stock Mixes Risk and Opportunity