A first mover is a company that gains an advantageous position by being the first to establish itself in a given market.
Companies that move first revolutionize their industries and the lives of customers by featuring products or services that reflect a new solution to old problems. These companies often hit the public markets fairly early with high valuations and high expectations that scare off most investors. But first-movers have an advantage in visionary leaders and founders who saw through the problem in the first place and moved first to create their dynamic solutions.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cheap Stocks Wall Street Loves: CalAmp
- 2 Things Las Vegas Sands Dividend Investors Need to Know
- 3 Reasons Why Las Vegas Sands is a Top Dividend Stock to Buy
- Why I Choose LinkedIn Corp Over Facebook Inc and Twitter Inc
- Google's Chromebooks Overtake Apple's iPads in This Key Market: Here's Why It Does (and Doesn't) Mat
- Is Netflix Inc. a Top Stock to Buy?