First Solar (Nasdaq: FSLR) designs and manufactures solar modules using a proprietary thin film semiconductor technology.
In 2013, General Electric announced that it was selling its solar panels business to First Solar. The deal included the sale of cadmium telluride thin film technology, which First Solar will use in its plants. GE had previously announced construction of a $300MM plant to make solar panels in Aurora, CO. That investment is now on hold.
For additional information, see the Solar energy article.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Ways You Can Profit From Saudi Arabia's $109 Billion Solar Boom
- Why TripAdvisor Inc., First Solar, Inc., and Salesforce.com Are Today's 3 Worst Stocks
- 4 Factors Driving First Solar?s Stock Higher
- Why Warren Buffett?s $15 Billion Renewable Energy Bet Isn?t Big Enough
- Why Cliffs Natural Resources, Inc., First Solar, Inc., and Peabody Energy Corp. Are Today?s 3 Worst