Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Most Important Number in Gilead Sciences' Earnings Report
- How to Get a Black Card
- The Biggest Single-Day Moves In Stock Market History
- Tesla's Referral Program: Smart Move or Sign of Desperation?
- Is SunEdison Trying to Conquer the Wind Industry With This $2 Billion Acquisition?
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?