Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Las Vegas Sands Management Wants You to Know
- Ford Motor Company Stands Tall Amid Rougher August Sales Data
- Warren Buffett Rings the Bell on Energy With Phillips 66
- Crowdfunding Your College Education
- This Often Overlooked Trait May Help You Pick Winning Companies
- A Surprising Way to Invest in the Health Boom