Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Big Week in Tech: Important Moves at Facebook, Twitter & More
- The Best April Fools' Day Pranks From the Tech World
- The $1.7 Billion Liability Hiding on Transocean Ltd.'s Balance Sheet
- How Broadcom Corporation Stock Could Surge to $50 Per Share
- Don?t Get Duped! How to Avoid Reverse Mortgage Scams According To the FBI
- A Special Announcement from David and Tom Gardner