Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Worrisome Obamacare Trends That Could Put Its Long-Term Success in Jeopardy
- Tesla Motors' Competition Is Kicking Into High Gear
- Why Airline Co-Branded Credit Cards Are So Valuable For Their Partners
- How Tax-Scam Victims Can Clear Their Names With the IRS
- How Corning Incorporated is Bringing OLED Lighting Into the Mainstream
- Why Is Apple Inc.'s Mobile Payment System Struggling in the World's Largest Smartphone Market?