Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Goldman Sachs' Worst Predictions of 2014
- How Corning Incorporated's New Iris Glass Ushers In Startling Possibilities for Ultra-Thin LCD TVs
- How Apple Inc. and Hewlett-Packard Defied Sluggish PC Sales in 2014
- Will 2015 Be A Tough Year for Best Buy?
- 3 Habits Every Credit Card User Should Follow
- International Business Machines Corp. Earnings: Pay Attention to the Margins