Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Sells Out, But Does it Matter?
- 3 Reasons Twenty-First Century Fox Stock, Inc. Could Fall
- Is JPMorgan Chase One of the Best Companies in America?
- Should You Invest in Corporate Tax Inversions?
- Can Netflix, Inc. Break Through Roadblocks In Europe?
- How Apple Was Built Making Devices You Didn't Know You Needed