Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Where Can You Buy Bitcoins?
- Can You Guess Which Airline Has the Comfiest Seats?
- Good Thing This Tech Company is The Most Trustworthy -- It Knows All Your Secrets
- 7 Credit Myths You Thought Could Hurt Your Score, but Don't
- Which 5 States Are Charging an Arm and a Leg For Cigarettes?
- Facebook (FB) Phone: The Third Time Will Not Be The Charm