Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Williams Companies Earnings: Do Plunging Earnings Mean You Should Sell?
- Why McDonald's Corporation Can't Keep Up With Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Should Microsoft Corporation Boost Its Dividend Payout?
- Burger King vs. McDonald's: Which One is Better?
- 3 Stocks to Weather a Market Crash
- Buffalo Wild Wings Reported Solid Results -- Could the Stock Be a Multibagger From Here?