Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- General Motors Begins December With a Bang
- How Much Debt is Too Much at an MLP?
- Government Motors No Longer: Treasury Department Finally Closes Its Stake in General Motors
- Mary Barra to Become Next General Motors CEO
- Caterpillar Sells Business for $130 Million and General Motors Enters a New Era
- Iclusig Troubles Continue for Ariad in Europe