Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Google Fixes Chrome Browser As It Prepares To Fend Off Microsoft Edge Launch
- 8 Charts to Celebrate the iPhone's 8th Birthday
- Was Williams Companies Right to Reject a $53 Billion Buyout Offer?
- Types of Loans: Mix and Match
- Spirit Airlines Incorporated Is Ready for Takeoff Again
- Tax Liens: A Must-Avoid Government Snare or a Winning Investment Idea?