Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Freddie Mac Lost $475 Million... Should Investors Be Worried?
- 2 Stocks This "Fund Manager of the Decade" Is Buying -- and One He's Selling
- Mortgage Loans In the Future Could Look Very Different Than They Do Today
- You Won't Believe Who Is Joining in the Fight for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- The Best Low-Down-Payment Mortgages
- Walker & Dunlop Jumps as Commercial Real Estate Sends Profits Skyward