Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 20 Stocks With Monthly Dividends: ARMOUR Residential REIT
- 2 Good Reasons to Take Another Look at Mortgage REITs
- Why Has Fannie Mae Stock Gained 50% This Month?
- 3 Simple Ways to Pay Off Your Mortgage Faster
- Cheaper Dividend Stock: Two Harbors Investment Corp. or Chimera Investment?
- The Best High-Yield Dividend Stock for Your Portfolio