Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Buy a House Until You Read This
- More Bad News for Fannie Mae Shareholders?
- LA Sues Wells Fargo, Citigroup Over Foreclosures in Minority Communities
- PNC Settles With Freddie Mac Over Mortgage Claims
- 3 Things BofI Holding's CEO Just Said
- European Union Levies Fines Against Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, and Others