Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy Genworth Financial's Stock?
- Better Dividend Stock: ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc. or Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc.?
- The Recent News That Could Make Bank of America's Investors Filthy Rich
- Is It Finally Time to Buy Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?
- Better Dividend Stock: American Capital Agency Corp. vs Chimera Investment Corporation
- High-Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc.