Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- AT&T and Poor Economic Releases Weigh on the Dow Jones Today
- 1 Thing Every Investor Needs to Do Before Buying a Mortgage REIT
- Why the Dow Jones Is Jumping Today
- 3 Potential Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multibaggers
- 9 Statistics Every Expert Homebuyer Should Follow
- Does Bank of America Still Owe Taxpayers Billions of Dollars?