Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will BofI Holding Deposit Another Big Quarter?
- The Court Case that Saved Bank of America $7.6 Billion
- Bank of America?s Breakout Quarter
- One More Record Apple Inc. Could Set This Year
- 2 Reasons to Believe Bank of America Has Finally Turned the Corner
- Wells Fargo's Mortgage Business Is Getting Even Bigger