Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy Genworth Financial's Stock?
- Better Dividend Stock: ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc. or Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc.?
- The Recent News That Could Make Bank of America's Investors Filthy Rich
- Is It Finally Time to Buy Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?
- Better Dividend Stock: American Capital Agency Corp. vs Chimera Investment Corporation
- High-Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc.