Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Freddie Mac Lost $475 Million... Should Investors Be Worried?
- 2 Stocks This "Fund Manager of the Decade" Is Buying -- and One He's Selling
- 3 Stocks to Buy Ahead of Black Friday
- The Dividends of Understanding Dividends
- Mortgage Loans In the Future Could Look Very Different Than They Do Today
- You Won't Believe Who Is Joining in the Fight for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac