Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should You Invest With Bill Ackman?
- 5 Things Annaly Capital Management Inc. Wants You to Know
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Just Made Another $1.5 Billion -- But Shareholders Won?t See a Dime
- Stop! Read This Before Refinancing
- 25 Major Factors That Caused or Contributed to the Financial Crisis
- 3 Stocks That Could Lose You a Lot of Money