A Fast-track designation is given by the FDA to a drug that treats an unmet need. It allows the drugmaker to turn in the data for the New Drug Application in sections and meet with the FDA to review the development plans for the drug.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Novavax Inc.'s Stock Inoculate Your Portfolio From More Market Mayhem?
- This Drugmaker's Incredible Run Looks Far From Done
- Why Shares of Chimerix Jumped 17% in July
- Why Lexicon Pharmaceuticals' Stock Gained Over 50% Today
- The Blockbuster Potential of Biogen Inc's Pipeline
- This Winning Biotech Stock Looks Like a Buy