A Fast-track designation is given by the FDA to a drug that treats an unmet need. It allows the drugmaker to turn in the data for the New Drug Application in sections and meet with the FDA to review the development plans for the drug.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Leaked Document Could Shatter UK Shale Dreams
- Biogen Idec Inc Earnings: Worth the Wait
- Can AbbVie Inc. Overcome Humira?s Looming Patent Expiration?
- How to Screw up Your Insurance in 2015: A Step-by-Step Guide
- 3 Clinical-Stage Biotech Stocks with Explosive Upside Potential in 2015
- 3 Stocks Poised for Eye-Popping Gains in 2015