A Fast-track designation is given by the FDA to a drug that treats an unmet need. It allows the drugmaker to turn in the data for the New Drug Application in sections and meet with the FDA to review the development plans for the drug.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Want Lower Drug Prices? Here's How the FDA Can Help
- Hillary Clinton's $40 Billion Tweet Breaks Biotech Stocks -- Which 3 Got Hit Hardest?
- Egypt Gas Discovery More Bad News for Russia
- Can Novavax Inc.'s Stock Inoculate Your Portfolio From More Market Mayhem?
- This Drugmaker's Incredible Run Looks Far From Done
- Why Shares of Chimerix Jumped 17% in July