A Fast-track designation is given by the FDA to a drug that treats an unmet need. It allows the drugmaker to turn in the data for the New Drug Application in sections and meet with the FDA to review the development plans for the drug.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Nektar Therapeutics Skyrocketed 30% Higher in October
- Why Dyax Corp. Is Soaring 30% Higher Today
- Netflix Inc's Beastly Box Office Bet Bombs
- 5 High-Risk, High-Reward Stocks We're Watching
- 3 Biotech Long Shots That Could Be Worth Betting On
- The Name of This Relatively New Cancer Immunotherapy Player Might Ring a Bell