A Fast-track designation is given by the FDA to a drug that treats an unmet need. It allows the drugmaker to turn in the data for the New Drug Application in sections and meet with the FDA to review the development plans for the drug.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Today?s Top Biotech Stories: Myriad Genetics, Bayer, Amgen, and Synta
- 3 Stocks Making Health-Care Investors Big Money Today
- Is this the End of the Trans-Pacific Partnership?
- Can the Trans-Pacific Partnership Survive 2014?
- Why Would Roche Return to the Antibiotics Market?
- British Regulators Fast-Track PPL Corporation's Rate Hikes