Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Investing Lessons From Warren Buffett?s Biggest Deal Ever
- What Are the Biggest Companies in the World?
- 7 Reasons Buying a Home Now Is a Smart Move
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Have Now Paid Taxpayers $239 Billion, but What About Their Investors?
- 3 High-Risk Financial Stocks to Avoid
- 2 Things You Must Know Before Investing in Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac