Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Genworth Financial Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Tips on How to Find the Best High Yield Mortgage REIT Stocks
- Why the Housing Market Hasn't Recovered From the Financial Crisis
- Housing the Baby Boomers Is Going to Be a Big Problem
- What Fannie Mae's New Forecast Could Mean for Homeowners
- Are FHA Loans Only for First-Time Homebuyers?