Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks That Could Lose You a Lot of Money
- 3 Stocks Retirees Should Avoid
- Another Compelling Reason Why Housing Could Soar in 2015
- Are You Ready for the Hidden Costs of Homeownership?
- Why Did This Billionaire Buy Another 5 Million Shares of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?
- Ellie Mae Rides the Mortgage Rebound Higher