Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons to Sell Annaly Capital Management Inc. and American Capital Agency Corp.
- 3 Reasons to Buy Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- Why You Should Stay Away From Armour Residential REIT Inc.'s 15% Dividend Yield
- Is Fannie Mae Really a $50 Stock?
- Bank of America Is Spread Too Thin, Outmatched By Competitors, and Should Be Broken Up
- 6 Billion Reasons Wells Fargo Loved Quantitative Easing