Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?
- Struggling Homeowners Are Getting an Early Christmas Gift from Lenders
- 5 Reasons Your Mortgage Application Might Be Rejected
- Cash-Out Refinance Mortgage: Good Way to Finance a Remodel?
- 3 Trends That Could Threaten Home Depot's Record Run
- How Fannie Mae Could Boost Your Home's Value in 2015